I want a Tonebender......

Silkrodamus

I've never owned a Tonebender and I have the Smart Belle 'Belle Fuzz' pre-ordered. It's supposed to be a really good take on a Tonebender mkii but has extra controls for tone and biasing to make it more flexible and make it sound like a smoother Tonebender in better shape or an old Tonebender that is in rough shape, all spitty and gnarly in all its ragged glory.

$225 bucks, which I didn't think was that bad. The high end vintage clones like a D*A*M cost mucho deniros. I am just dipping my toe in the Tonebender water for the first time and hoping for the best.

Snoopydogg

Lovepedal Bonetender—whole lotta Tonebender sound for not a lot of money. The Lovepedal Mk.III is also a great-sounding, inexpensive TB. I compared the Mk. III head to head with an Analogman Sunbender 1.5, and while it wasn’t quite as nice or versatile, it delivered over 90% of the performance for 20% of the cost. Either of the Lovepedal’s can be had for under $100.

Kaschko

I own a Catalinbread Katzenkönig and like it a lot. Didn't have a chance to compare it to a vintage tonebender though.

'90s Pacifica

..... But I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Preferably mk I or mk ii.

GO!
This is exactly me right now. All the boutique mkIIs i gas for aren't available domestically, so I'm looking for the more mass produced pedals that still kick arse.

Well Done

Good suggestions it seems. Definitely food for thought.
As mentioned above a lot of the boutique options are unavailable where I am. Would love a bone tender but can't find them anywhere.

Same here - just got a range booster from Nick after buying my MKII last year. Joe’s videos were super helpful btw!
Nick is a great chap :) I've got a demo of his limited edition gold Ranger (with a NOS Yellowjacket OC44 trannie) going live on my channel very soon - fabulous sounding pedal!!

Trending Topics