I want a trem pedal ...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jb1911, Sep 19, 2008.

1. jb1911

jb1911 Member

and all I care about is the way it sounds. I don't care about price, features or the way it looks. I love the tremolo on my BF Vibro Champ. Which trem has the best tone and why. Thanks.

2. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

frantone vibutron gets my vote, check out the demos for it, its beautiful.

3. Lampasas

Lampasas Member

I've been recommending the T-Rex Tremster for a long time. I've got a BF Vibro-Champ, BF Deluxe, and brown Princeton, and it keeps up with the trem on all of them. It's quiet, relatively compact, and the "mode" switch makes a lot of difference to my ears-- subtle warble to pretty respectable chop.

4. mr.blacksummer

mr.blacksummer Member

I way dig my demeter tremulator.
    simple and straight forward...and wonderful sounding.
    if you need all the bells and whistles though...probably the cusack tap-a-whirl or empress.

5. Original_Fire

Original_Fire Member

Despite what anyone else might think, the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter trem is an INCREDIBLE trem pedal. My friend picked one up the day I got my new amp, and man, I've not heard a better trem pedal. And it's very affordable. I would definitely give it a shot if I were you; I'd love to have one myself. :AOK

6. Turiguiliano

Turiguiliano Member

7. geetarman

geetarman Member

+1 Frantone Vibutron is an excellent unit.

8. FAC

FAC Member

Empress Trem--
    I'm well past the honeymoon period, and it is still on my board...I think it sounds great, is easy to use, and the extra features like the rhythm modes and the choice of waveforms promote creativity but stay out of the way if you don't want them.

9. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

the dano tuna melt will. . . . .melt your socks off with its warm, round warble. i **** you not. look no further.

10. zygoat

zygoat Supporting Member

Vibutron.

I'm selling one.

11. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

i'll add the Catalinbread Semaphore to the discussion too, its what I'm currently using and is a great great trem as well. its tiny, packed with features and sounds really great. No complaints about it whatsoever.

I will probably wind up getting a Vibutron at some point though if/when pedalboard space allows, but the Semaphore deserves a serious look too.

12. shngn7

shngn7 Member

I am really digging the Keeley modded TR-2 right now. Reminds me a lot of the trem on the Super Reverb I used to have and my friends Bandmaster.

13. Merelington

Merelington Member

+10

I LOVE this trem...very professional and clean, loads of features but you're able to get straight forward traditional trem no problem. The tube wave setting is very warm and rich as well.

14. eric-d

eric-d Member

I'd recommend the Powerglide - the down side is at LEAST an 18 month wait. I have a Supa-Trem which is nice. I liked the Vibutron - but I like to have the option of two speeds.

15. ahab

ahab Member

Fulltone Supa-Trem gets my vote.

16. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

I just got my Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo in the mail. Awesome trem for the money.

17. benjammin

benjammin Member

You know, I tried the Empress Tremolo, the modded TR-2 AND the Semaphore, and I still go back to my BYOC Trem. It's dead simple and sounds fantastic. For a non-DIY route, I believe the Earthquaker Pulse Machine is a similar circuit.

18. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

I have the Pulse Machine and I really dig the sound of it. One feature that I really appreciate on this box is the level control. I spent years hitting a boost pedal whenever I engaged by Tremolo pedals. Just too much volume loss to be effective on their own.

19. johnrambo

johnrambo Member

go with the tremulator

20. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I had it narrowed down to either the Empress or the Tremulator before I posted this thread. I didn't want to bias anyones opinion. I have an Empress arriving today and I'm gonna get a Tremulator when I can find a deal on one. Winner stays. I'll let you know when it's over. Thanks guys.