I want EVH to...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Gas Hed, Apr 12, 2019.

1. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan Member

...have a nice day.

Coach T. likes this.
  2. motokev

motokev Member

….stop telling people Sammy Hagar is better than David Lee Roth.

3. 3dognate

3dognate Member

... stop being a dick.

4. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

...tell all the hopeless fanboys stuck in '84 to move on with their lives.

slybird likes this.
  5. Plexiglass

Plexiglass Member

Go back to 68 plexi. Nothing more.

milli vanilli and Gas Hed like this.
  6. coldinWI

coldinWI Member

Put out a Rap album

hoosier1929 likes this.
  7. Gibson Dog

Gibson Dog Silver Supporting Member

Agree with you 100% but it's never going to happen. They were planning a tour last year with M Anthony & Roth with Eddies kid opening, they didn't even get through 2 rehearsals. It's a huge if but if they ever do anything again it's going to be with Roth & the kid. Sadly there are a lot of people that would pay for that junk. Those guys hate each other & obviously Roth was never a great singer but he serviced the music, he can't sing at all now it's embarrassing & they know it. Also his kid has been working on this "amazing, mind blowing album" for almost 5 years now.

Eddies going to die angry, bitter & without much of a legacy most kids have no idea who he is & what he is/was. When Zeppelin played the 02 show they said they wanted people generations later to understand why they were what they were & why they are revered & why they are considered the greatest by millions - me included. Eddie doesn't care he'd rather be angry.

8. VHS analog

VHS analog Member

...put together a fun solo band and play the G3 Tour. Get somebody fresh to do vocals, like Myles Kennedy or Justin Hawkins. Old songs, new songs, covers, improvisational jazz, either way it would be epic.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  9. MkIII Renegade

MkIII Renegade Member

Get back together with Gary Cherone!!!! :dude

NOT. :nono

10. Jollyb

Jollyb Silver Supporting Member

Eddie.....WTF is Mitch Malloy!!!!?

Everytime I look up VH on YouTube this guy comes up....but I never heard of him anywhere.

11. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

I want EVH to stay sober and do whatever makes him happiest.

12. Holzar88

Holzar88 Silver Supporting Member

... play a Kramer again. :)

speakerdad and Gas Hed like this.
  13. Horizontalmode

Horizontalmode Member

14. Wyatt Martin

Wyatt Martin Member

Do the solo album with various singers he used to talk about.

Holzar88 likes this.
  15. Gas Hed

Gas Hed Member

I hear ya on the amber MM...I found GAS because of that guitar. But...F.U.C.K. was recorded with a SLO. Crazy - right?

16. Gas Hed

Gas Hed Member

What - you don't eat pizza?

17. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Member

Share his cure for cancer with the rest of the world

uab9253 and Samarasa like this.
  18. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

he was the guitar player in Van Halen, what else do they need to know? should they even "need to"? EVH/VH weren't exactly a high point in music history, not in the "life changing experience" sort of way. they don't have enough substance to be one of those bands/artists that people should "know". they're no Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, or Pink Floyd. hell, they're not even on the same level as Cobain/Nirvana. what are they missing out on?

VH has always been one of the biggest names in the business, and still get plenty of airplay. EVH is not some "hidden gem" that nobody is aware of. nobody needed Hendrix to be alive to know who/what he was.

they hadn't done much of anything for 30+ years by that point, and it's not like they even needed to play that show to prove any of that.

this isn't the case with EVH/VH. he's been doing stuff here and there all along, nobody really cares either way. what's he going to do now that's going to change the way anyone thinks about him or Van Halen? what could he ever have done beyond what he already has? he'll always be "the guitar player in Van Halen". same with Jimmy Page. one could point to Carlos Santana as one of those players who was back in the spotlight years later with an album of guest collaborators, but i'd guess most people look at that point in his career as some sort of novelty. if somebody wants/needs to "know" Santana they're better off just watching his Woodstock performance than seeing him live these days.

"kids today" had a chance to see VH touring/recording in just the past few years. i don't think it helped his "legacy". it's over, not even Michael Anthony can save them at this point.

you guys are all picturing the early 80s version of EVH, the same as you're picturing the early version of Valerie Bertinelli. this same twisted thinking is a big issue with Misfits/Samhain/Danzig fans, but even they know better than to ask him for the phone number of that chick that was in the 'Mother' video. :D if i wanted someone to know who Glenn Danzig "is/was", i sure wouldn't suggest that they look to anything from the past 25 years or so.

slybird and Dr Bonkers like this.
  19. Guitarfool

Guitarfool Supporting Member

You are glossing over the fact of what Eddie did for guitar

When people talk about listening to Eruption for the 1st time, they GLOWINGLY talk about it and i have heard some say it was life changing and they HAD to learn that and pickup the guitar, Ed actually helped inspire MANY kids and others to pickup the guitar.

That 1st album was a little before my time but i hear nothing but story after story about how that guitar and sound made people scratch their heads and countless others learn to play that way, and thus the 1980s and the guitar playing took a big notch upwards

Besides being a good player (and there are many others who are great players no doubt about it) but he had this ability to do something others didnt do as well....................... That was also writing a good catchy song in the context of his playing and innovative style, many other great players lack the ability to do this!!

:dude

ned7flat5 and Kevy_Metal like this.
  20. Binaural

Binaural Supporting Member

to release some new music and start playing a Telecaster.

Gas Hed likes this.