I want this LP!!

ant_riv

Silver Supporting Member
Needs more bling!

Beautiful color and figuring.
I'm not a big fan of gold hardware, but if it floats your boat, go for it!

Brian N

It's gaudy. As people who see guitars all the time, yeah it's cool to see one all decked out like that, but the average person would think it's just trying too hard, like painting flames on a Porsche. But a Porsche doesn't need flames; its elegance and simplicity are what make it beautiful. Similarly, most people think a simple guitar design is better looking than an "artful" one. As musicians, our guitar should look simply like an accessory, so that people say "look at the cool guy with the guitar" rather than "look at that pretty guitar".

mcuguitar

Gold Supporting Member
It's a playable work of art, but I think for $10K, Gibson should've done abalone inlay around the body. I think it would have balanced out the over-the-top neck inlay. Otherwise, if you can afford it, why not? I personally love that color.

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
...it's cool to see one all decked out like that, but the average person would think it's just trying too hard...
Who knows what the "average person" would think. Probably much less than those of us who are here.

I can see how something like that would look great in a glass case at the Hard Rock Cafe or in a room in a mansion with other rare artifacts in glass cases.

Clearly it's not a "player", it's more of a work of art.

Strummerfan

The quilt is beautiful, but the inlays are a little over the top. I don't mind the gold hardware, but with the inlay it's just a bit too busy.

HERSCHEL

I love the color, and I like gold hardware in the right applications, but I'm not sure this is one of them.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
I love the color, and I like gold hardware in the right applications, but I'm not sure this is one of them.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure someone will buy it and love it.

That's all that matters, really. Gibson gets paid, Wild West Guitars gets paid, and someone gets a conversation piece they can play Smoke On The Water with. Wins all around.