• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

I want to add an AC DC cover...

torgeot

Shook Me, Highway and Back in Black always go over. That said, one of my bands is a pop band, we do a mash up of Shook Me and Madonna Like a prayer (Originally done by a band called Rock Sugar) it has become one of our signature tunes. Everyone loves it, and we are pretty much playing to a dance crowd. It goes over for dance crowds and rock crowds.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
You Shook Me All Night Long brings down the house every time we play it. We save it for towards the end of the night.....so my voice is ready....LOL

TubeStack

Silver Supporting Member
I could not be in a band with someone who refuses to play AC/DC, or even complains about it.

Telebluze

Platinum Supporting Member
We cover TNT......always goes over well.

This song is a little lesser known, but it DEFINITELY lends itself to being played heavier........"She's Got Balls"

pickaguitar

2011 TGP Silver Medalist
My singer is completely unfun...he won't do any acdc, zeppelin, hendrix, floyd, etc

But he will do Steve Earle (who I could @#$%#$% care less about)

smallbutmighty

I do my own stunts.
Silver Supporting Member
I'm the Malcolm in an ACDC cover band. I've played 'em all at one time or another. It's pretty hard to miss w/ ACDC. The best of the best are:

BS era:
Dirty Deeds
TNT
Highway to Hell
Whole Lotta Rosie

or if you want a slow one that girls love to gyrate to:
Night Prowler

BJ era:
You Shook Me
Back in Black
Hells Bells
For Those About to Rock
Thunderstruck

or if you want a slow one that girls love to gyrate to:
Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Once you get past the obvious stuff above, there are tons of "second-tier" tunes (mostly BS era) that still kill every time:

Bad Boy Boogie
Touch Too Much
Live Wire
Sin City
The Jack
Problem Child
Long Way to the Top
Riff Raff (super fun to play)
Have a Drink On Me

etc...etc...etc..

As I said: pretty hard to miss with ACDC!

Custom50

Kicked in the teeth is a good one. I was in a band that did dirty deeds once and it always went over huge

Irreverent

Silver Supporting Member
...to the set. Problem is that no-one in the band is fans of them at all, so it would be to please all the people shouting for an AC DC cover when we play.

To those of you having AC DC covers in your set, which ones works better and is suited to be played heavier then the original?
You need a new band, unless, of course, "no-one" (sic) includes you...

I'm sort of in a similar position. Our drummer pretty much refuses to play AC/DC. We've done Highway in the past, but the bass player and other guitarist are only interested in doing some of the more obscure tracks like Have a Drink On Me and Problem Child.

Dunno about heavier versions, but I would just recommend the usuals; Back in Black, Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, You Shook Me All Night Long, TNT, Dirty Deeds and Long Way to the Top.

Shoot to Thrill and Shot Down in Flames would be great to do too, I love those songs!
And you need a new drummer...

My singer is completely unfun...he won't do any acdc, zeppelin, hendrix, floyd, etc

But he will do Steve Earle (who I could @#$%#$% care less about)
And you need a new singer...

I could not be in a band with someone who refuses to play AC/DC, or even complains about it.
Exactly, I look forward to it every night. If you don't like AC/DC, I don't want to be in your band .... ;)
Amen, and amen!

Peace.

DennyDream

Echo the typical songs-- Highway to Hell, Back in Black, You Shook me, TNT, Problem Child, Whole Lotta Rosie, Sin City, For Those about to rock, R&R ain't noise pollution

I don't think I saw: Shot Down in Flames

Others that might work-- deep cuts...
- There's gonna be some rockin
- Touch too Much
- If you want blood (you got it)
- Rock and Roll Singer
- Night Prowler (a surprisingly hard BS song to sing-- for me anyway)

billfoma

To those guys in bands that have members who don't like AC/DC, what are you playing? Jazz? Anyone who claims to like Rock N Roll, but says they don't like AC/DC is a f**king idiot. Sorry, true story. Not up for debate.

have a drink on me...
given the dog a bone
livewire
back in black

I think most people are sick to death of shook me all night long...

Marc Roy

To those guys in bands that have members who don't like AC/DC, what are you playing? Jazz? Anyone who claims to like Rock N Roll, but says they don't like AC/DC is a f**king idiot. Sorry, true story. Not up for debate.
:agree

kevinhifi

I used to play full sets of AC/DC every Halloween in Chicago. It was always surprising, but Sin City was the one that really got people going. I know more than half didn't know the song (maybe heard it once during a "deep cut" radio segment), but those hard hitting chords are just magical in a live setting.

Multimoto

Silver Supporting Member
We did highway to hell and then did a cool little descending progression from A down to E (while the drummer was doing an ending fill) and then let the E ring out... after that the intro drums to Dirty Deeds started..

It rocked..

Trending Topics

Top Bottom