I want to crank my ampppppppp

gobseulmuhri

This is just a rant...and I apologize for taking up precious board space. BUt my goodness. I want to CRAAAAANK my amp because it sounds SO good when I do, but there's no way I can do that in my apartment.

I feel so helpless...

xStonr

Gold Supporting Member
Feel helpless now about not being able to crank your amp? Wait until you get married.

Senor Forum

Platinum Supporting Member
Just drag it to random places with outlets and jam until they tell you to piss off.

:D

I've actually done this before.

A few years ago I actually went to two different parks, and like three different parking lots.

If you have an outlet, you can have tone, even if it's only for a few minutes.

Now go find an outlet and find your tone.

NAO.

GO NAO.

:mob:mob:mob:mob

Stevo57

Gold Supporting Member
Moving to Montana soon
gonna be a dennil floss tycoon
yippee aye o kiyae

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
I feel your pain. The new brick house is better than the condo... but I still got the crazy lady old next door (how does she still hear?) banging on my basement window on occasion.

gldtp99

I live in an apartment, too----i can't play amps here---- my amp workshop is in a band rehearsal/recording studio building where i can play/test as loud as i want to.
Find a band rehearsal facility near you and rent out a room by the hour---most have hourly rooms----maybe take a few friends with you to split the cost----- then you can all turn up and blast away until your ears ring and have a lot of fun until the next time......................gldtp99

tennisplayer

Try this. Last summer, I took my single recto and a 2X12 cab to the local high school. I asked the janitor if I could plug in for 20 minutes and test out an amplifier I was fixing. Sure!!!! Took it into their gymnasium and jammed for 30 minutes. It was awesome. I gave him 10 bucks and he was thrilled.

thetangmang

I lived in an apartment for years and got constant complaints from the neighbors. Med students are the worst. They came to my door to complain on Saturdays and Sundays at noon after 10 minutes of playing. My amp was only on level "2" at these times.

yellowecho

i live in an apartment too :(
to make matters even worse, the apartment was made in the 40s so the outlets aren't even grounded. talk about a bummer.

XmasTree

Apartment dweller as well

BUT....I DO TURN ON MY AC30 regularly...just not that loud

Take your amp somewhere!!!! put your amp in your car and take it to a practice/studio place

There is a place by me (circle studios) ...it's more of rental practice space. do you have that type of thing near you?
:munch

that is precisely why I finally broke down and bought the AxeFx. It's not a cranked marshall, but I can get that type of tone without the volume.

FFTT

Run an extension chord out to your car ;-)

Build fort out of sofa cushions

Join a band that has a place to practice.

Trending Topics