*i Want To Hear Your And/or Your Band's Music!*

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Jazzydave, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Belt Fed Riffs & Gear

Belt Fed Riffs & Gear Member

this isn't cookie cutter its a cover but totally different- I just did this recently. As long as it rocks Im down with it. Not much into pillow talk rock but there is a time and place for everything.

Lance likes this.
  2. fdesalvo

fdesalvo Member

3. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

4. Lance

Lance Member

Here's a recent original from 8/18. Keyboard player wrote it.

Guitar Dave T and Jazzydave like this.
  5. Zandalf

Zandalf I don't remember Silver Supporting Member

Well! So who really listens to much music by the members here? I listen when I can, but how can anyone really take the time to dig into another artist's, or a band's efforts these days?.... Seems to me that all of us who post anything are lucky for even the proverbial 10 second perusal....

That said.... Here's what I'd think is a pretty listenable rock/pop tune I wrote for my band's latest cd, released this year, where I attempt to channel Jimi Hendrix to compliment one of my two lead singers. Personally, I think I got it pretty good! However, corporate america has zero interest.... and I have zero interest in corporate america! And thus - almost no one hears the tune..... oh well!

Guitar Dave T and Jazzydave like this.
  6. Daniel Travis

Daniel Travis Supporting Member

7. edgewound

edgewound Gold Supporting Member

I'm going to risk my neck here and attempt to give some constructive criticism. I liked the song, I like the singers's voice. I'm listening on a laptop, so it's very much like listening to a car radio...which is what producers did way back when radio was it.

I think the song would come across with a lot more power and emotion if you played on the neck pickup to counterpoint the tone of the singer's voice. The middle position tone was more of a distraction for me because it was too thin for the emotion of the song. Dig in and complement the full voice of the singer.

My opinion...take as you will. The playing is very good. The first few seconds is the opportunity make a huge impression on an A&R person. Grab'em by the throat and make them pay attention.

Jazzydave and Zandalf like this.
  8. Flamencowboy

Flamencowboy Member

9. Lance

Lance Member

I disagree. I like it with middle pup. The whole Hendrix-y neck thing has been done to death. Yeah, there is good reason why, but I like me some middle!

Great singing & playing all around! It sort of reminds me of Gregg's Eggs.

Zandalf likes this.
  10. uab9253

uab9253 Member

Here's an acoustic/voice demo of a song I wrote awhile back. I did a fully produced version of it too, with bass, drums, piano, strings etc, but I don't have a video for it on YouTube. "My Name in the Sand" is a metaphor for what we are all chasing via our artistic creations, which is a form of immortality.

Guitar Dave T and JJFlash like this.
  11. Guitar Dave T

Guitar Dave T Member

Corporate America is missing the boat these days as far as Innovative music goes. But look at the bright side, it's more of the pie for you when you self produce and handle your own merch. That's where the best stuff is coming out these days, not from Corporate America produced fluff.

Cool tune, great playing, definitely worth listening all the way through. Keep it up!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Zandalf likes this.
  12. Guitar Dave T

Guitar Dave T Member

Okay, this is an electric guitar song, but I'm going to plead non noodling here, since the solo part has some actual phrasing designed to work around the changes.

Actually, it's a Bugs Henderson song. I didn't copy his solo, but I tried to phrase it in the same spirit.

Also this was recorded live at a local Club, clams and all. Hope you enjoy it, thanks for listening.

DISCLAIMER: No distortion, dirt, delay or reverb pedals were used here. Just a Gibson CS336 straight into a 50 watt Plexi driving a couple of celestion G1265's in an open-back cabinet.

Zandalf and uab9253 like this.
  13. Lax

Lax Member

14. edgewound

edgewound Gold Supporting Member

The songs could not be more different. Minor key vs. major key. Totally different moods and colors.

But...You're free to disagree. Even if you're totally wrong...lol.:p:D

15. Lance

Lance Member

Oh definitely, I was referring more to the girls' voices, not the songs themselves. Aside from that, I ran out of time and had to do some work, seeing as I was at work. There's probably a much more similar sounding song on that cd. I just didn't have any more time to dig for it.

16. quinnster

quinnster Member

Maybe some of you consider this noodles, maybe not. I don't. But I'm invested. Anyway, absolutely not cookie cutter. Adventurous improv based rock that incorporates many styles. Like it or don't. Hope you do though. This is from a gig last night.