• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

I want to slow down leads to learn them note for note. What Mac software???

Yossi

I have Garageband on a MacBook. I am wondering if that will work to slow down a loop for learning. If not, I have a friend with Sound Forge on a PC. Before I get that for a MAC I wanted to find out what else is out there and get some feedback.
Thanks.

Tom CT

Old Supporting Member
"The Amazing Slow Downer" from RoniMusic.com is a highly regarded program that does just what you're looking for. Though rather pricey at $49.95, it seems to do the clearest job (fewest artifacts) of changing speed without altering pitch.

http://www.ronimusic.com/

xntrick

QT pro can slow down an mp3..i like using guitar pro,as i can visually see the music notation and tabs in addition to the audio...

UMT

Although I think SlowDowner and Transcribe are great products, I just discovered a 'plug in' for WinAmp that works not only in WinAmp but also Media Monkey and Microsoft Media Player. It's called: Take It Easy. It can lower the speed without lowering the pitch but you can also lower the pitch too for those times when you want to learn a tune that was recording in Eb or some other odd key to fit a particular vocalist. Best part: It's free. If you are looking for something simple, this is a good find.

Then I got to looking further and there are several other 'plug in's for WinAmp that are similiar. Some are a little more sophisticated (?) and may carry a small charge (?)

You can find it at WinAmp under plug ins/add ons....

U.........

jmcerlain

Transcribe is excellent. If you have a pod just download gearbox. There is a program in there, for free even!

Yossi

Transcribe! is another great option. I'm on that all day......
That looks amazing. It even will slow down videos, change keys, guess the key the song is in. Am I ever glad that I asked the question.

Both programs have free trials/

Thanks again.

arthur rotfeld

Supporting Member
I'm using an old version.

I change speeds 1/2 for tricky stuff, 70-90% for students to play along with recording. The selection loop is a valuable feature.

Yossi

Just downloaded the Transcribe! software tonight, on a 30 day free trial.
Very easy to use. I was off and running in minutes and learning some Mike Bloomfield licks from the Super Sessions CD. It is just what I was looking for. I went with Transcribe! because it looked like the best and had the best reviews. Thanks again for the tip. I'll be learning a lot more now.
The way the economy is, I had better spend more time playing my gear than buying gear. This software will help me do just that.

Deaj

Silver Supporting Member
"The Amazing Slow Downer" from RoniMusic.com is a highly regarded program that does just what you're looking for. Though rather pricey at $49.95, it seems to do the clearest job (fewest artifacts) of changing speed without altering pitch.

http://www.ronimusic.com/
Great software, perfect for the OP's application, and definitely worth the coin!

mds

+50 for Transcribe! I think its the best one...I used to do lots of Charlie Parker transcriptions, etc. for Jazz Improv magazine and it REALLY helped me!! haha

Trending Topics