I waste a lot of time trying to get sounds as good as my Eleven Rack

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by The Interceptor, Jan 18, 2015.

1. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

I am subject to a weird first world problem, whereby I am paranoid my 11R will fail, and therefore I need a backup. Problem is, I have tried most of the sub-Kemper/Axe Fx modellers and none of them seem to come close to the dynamics, depth and fatness of the 11R for high gain Marshally patches. Thus I have wasted a large amount of time trying to get close, but am always disappointed.

I guess the simple answer is I should just buy another 11R. Not that cheap an answer though, because they aren't that plentiful here in Australia.

2. Edwood

Edwood Member

It's hard to beat the 11r!!

3. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Silver Supporting Member

You will have a better option by the end of NAMM

4. Mr God

Mr God Member

I'd say try to find an 11R used or import one from the US (without the Pro Tools bundle) for $399 to have a backup.

If you invest in some sort of clean power solution for the 11R rack you'll probably see those things last forever. They're very well built.

5. RackFiz

RackFiz Member

oh? Do you have some inside information?

6. randombastage

randombastage Member

I just bought my third one (never had more than one at a time) for $275 on Craigslist locally. If you have a friend here in the states ask them to keep an eye out for one at the right price and have them ship it to you.

I totally understand, there are some models in the ElevenRack that can't be beat by anything except the AxeFxII or the Kemper...and if you are only playing through tube power amps and guitar cabinets don't bother with the AxeFx or Kemper.

7. dbun

dbun Member

The 11R was the best I've used in the sub Kemper/Axe Fx category too, so I don't waste time with anything else now.

8. gumtown

gumtown Member

If you were in a pinch when your 11R blows out at a show,
    you would use anything and be greatfull you have a backup... right ?

9. Squeakys

Squeakys Senior Member

At the current used prices I am tempted to buy a second one to use as another sound source by splitting my guitar output between the two units. I would love to have a Marshall and a fender model going at the same time for some of my chunky/mid-gain tones.

10. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

Nice to hear others agree about this (i.e. that 11R is the winner of the sub Kemper/Axe Fx modellers). I don't have friends in the US though, so it would have to be a eBay deal. None of them look especially cheap right now.

Mine had to be repaired due to a dodgy track on the circuit board. Presumably that won't happen again.

11. nicolasrivera

Absolutely, its called AmpliFire! Next game changer in guitar tone.

12. Mr God

Mr God Member

This display leaves a shitload to be desired.

[​IMG]

13. nicolasrivera

Sure, but its portability and sound most probably will blown the 11R out of the water, i really dont see my tones i hear them!

:banana

14. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Senior Member

A back-up doesn't have to be perfect, just acceptable for a limited amount of time. Why not just get a Zoom MS-50G with a One Spot AC adapter and program that for emergencies?

15. randombastage

randombastage Member

I think he is thinking in terms of when his ElevenRack dies will be be able to find another...
    a replacement since they aren't easy to get where he is

16. db9091

db9091 Member

Haven't tried the Amplifire, but the next best thing I've tried is a used Fractal ULTRA, which is heads and tails better than an 11R will never be. You just might ditch the 11R after that. But it's $1200 used right now.

I'm gonna check into this Amplifier thingamajig that nicolasrivera has experience with. You use that for your studio Nicolas?

17. Steve Dallas

Steve Dallas Supporting Member

Heh. I ditched my Ultra and kept my 11R. The simplicity and great tones of the 11R finally allowed me to quit fiddling and start playing again.

18. aculturemind

aculturemind Member

Eleven Racks for under $400 BIN on ebay, and they're not sellin.

19. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

That's not a backup.

Put me down as another who thinks a backup only needs to be "good enough". My Boss GP-10 definitely isn't in the same ballpark as my AxeFx but it's relatively inexpensive, small, light, and would allow me to complete a gig. That's enough for me.

20. randombastage

randombastage Member

I understand the distinction, I was trying to help you understand what he was describing as his concerns and needs.