• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

"I wish I could have this back..." - Post it here!

cajone5

Some guy
Gold Supporting Member
I haven't seen a thread like this so I figured I'd post it and maybe it'd catch on...

We all have things we've sold that we regret but often we can purchase those new from a retailer or used from a fellow forumite. This thread isn't intended for that... instead this is a place to post that one-of-a-kind pedal/guitar/amp/etc. that you sold and want back. You never know, maybe this thread will (long shot) get someone back in touch with their long lost gear. Either that or it will serve as a memorial to the poor decisions we've made in search of perfect tone...

For me, there are two things I've sold and truly miss. Sadly, neither was for much $...

(1) A BALLS modified silver Skreddy Echo with a momentary switch that sent it into self oscillation. I think I sold it to someone on the D*A*M forums 2-3 years ago.

(2) An allparts strat with some kind of vintage-style fender pickups that I sold in the DC area when I used to live there 5 years ago. A nice young lady bought it to give to her father IIRC. Odds are, the father is a gear addict and on this forum... if so please reach out to me :)

What do you regret selling that you'd buy back if you could?

jawajt

First. That Skrecho is right up my alley. I love delays with footwitchable oscillation.
I regret letting this bad boy go. Awesome sounding delay AND the limited edition color is sick.

theanalogdream

Silver Supporting Member
I miss my italian tone bender... sold it because I needed the $'s. Also, I had an amazing First Echo On The Moon... which I sold around the same time during school, and have never seen one pop up since. It had white knobs.

My first Fuzzhugger Ab-Synth. :(

I thought, "Hey the 5k has more knobs. It will do the same and more!" So, I sold my 4 knob.

Then, "Hey the Supreme has way more knobs, it will do the same and even more than the 5k."

bought a 4 knobber again. It never sounded the same as that first one I sold. :(

Shreve

Katzenjammer Kid
Double Platinum Member
Late sixties 100W Superlead full stack purchased from Chuck Levin's in Wheaton, MD. Bought in 3 separate occasions because I was a broke college snot. Sold the whole deal a few years later for $750. Ouch, but it was a magnificent beast.

leighianson

I miss my italian tone bender... sold it because I needed the $'s. Also, I had an amazing First Echo On The Moon... which I sold around the same time during school, and have never seen one pop up since. It had white knobs.
I have a first echo on the moon that I'm currently selling. Start a convo with me if you're interested.

DesertDirtDog

Two things- my '96 Matchless Clubman head I traded away for a custom shop Bad Cat Cub II combo (which I just sold- 'cause it was too heavy :bkw).

The Clubman was too heavy and too much amp for most of the places we've played, but it was the best-sounding amp I've ever played. I miss it, but if I had it back, it would just live in the closet.

The other item: my BJFE BBOD I traded for a SYOD.

The SYOD is a great pedal, but it doesn't stack as well (for my style & tone) as the BB did with my HB.

The good news is, as soon as I sell the SYOD, the guy who's got my BBOD is willing to sell it to me, as he's acquired a v1 that he loves.

So, someone buy my SYOD....please!

kowalski440

Silver Supporting Member
Couple o' things.
my grandfather's 1956 Strat that grandma mistakenly sold for... uh hmm... $150 when he died. unbeknownst to me. yeah, that one still hurts, bad.
my 65 blackface Deluxe Reverb that I had to part with in a pinch to feed my kids. loved that amp but love my kids more. ;)

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
My Silvertone 1482 amp and white Fender Mustang guitar that I owned back around 1970.

The Gibson Goldtop Les Paul w/ mini humbuckers that was stolen from me in 1975.

The Fender SF Twin Reverb (w/ JBL's) that I traded for a Roland GR300 guitar synthesizer back in the 80's.

-bEn r.

Last edited:

MBT74

The Fromel Phuz is got from the Emporium a while back and then sold on to someone else.

Will Nova

Couple o' things.
my grandfather's 1956 Strat that grandma mistakenly sold for... uh hmm... $150 when he died. unbeknownst to me. yeah, that one still hurts, bad.
my 65 blackface Deluxe Reverb that I had to part with in a pinch to feed my kids. loved that amp but love my kids more. ;)
Dig that bro. I've sold many many things to keep the fam afloat. A wise gent man told me that it's a great excuse to rebuild the collection. Took me 10 years, but now I'm grabbing up some nice things when the funds allow. Still not whenever I want but used to be never. So hang in and rebuild :)

Trending Topics