I witnessed the miracle of Dual Lock yesterday

mike6m

Silver Supporting Member
I started piecing together extra pedals for a second board and the board I'm using came with some dual lock. How fun is that stuff? I've seen everyone talk about it on here, but I've always used 3M Industrial Strength Velcro (which is great, but pulling a pedal off of that stuff takes some strength and time).

If you've read about dual lock, and thought,"what I currently have works fine."
I dare you to give it a try.

Now I need to buy more so I can redo my main board. I know this reads like a commercial, but it's a great product. And clicking pedals in to place is a nice feature.

stahlhart

I got a couple of rolls of this for the pedal board I'm building now. I was going to go with industrial Velcro, but looked into the dual lock after reading about it elsewhere here. I see nothing but advantages.

Able Grip

I read a thread some time ago about how a thief left his fingernails behind when he tried to run up to the stage and snatch a pedal off a board and run away. Dual lock was stronger than whatever held his fingernails onto his fingers.

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
It's great, little to no room for improvement after that stuff was developed.
Couple tips: clean the board surface before applying dual lock, and let the adhesive cure for a few hours before connecting the two parts. If you do this, it will not come off. If you want it to come off, use something like Goo Gone or WD40, saturate, let it sit for 10 min, then just peel it off.
Use some type of small pry bar to remove pedals rather than brute strength, as you could hurt yourself, or pull the strip of dual lock off the board, talking the finish layer with it. This applies especially to pedaltrain boards. I use a small wooden spatula with great results.

chrisross

Buy the low profile kind too. It's even easier to remove from pedals, but just as strong.
Low profile? The only reason I don't use dual lock is because I don't like how thick the white "padding" part of it is...

mike6m

Silver Supporting Member
Low profile? The only reason I don't use dual lock is because I don't like how thick the white "padding" part of it is...
I just used whatever came with the Gator G-Tour pedalboard. I noticed the white padding, but I don't feel any give when I apply pressure to the pedals.

Last edited:

pinkfuzz65

Silver Supporting Member
There is white one and black one. The black one works better. I have a couple pedals with the white one and they don't stick as well.

Fuzzr

I read a thread some time ago about how a thief left his fingernails behind when he tried to run up to the stage and snatch a pedal off a board and run away. Dual lock was stronger than whatever held his fingernails onto his fingers.
His fingernails had no able grip to speak of.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
There are several low profile types if I recall correctly. The one I purchased was so low profile that some of the pedals didn't fully lock down because of bottom screws protruding further than the dual lock.

I use the regular stuff (with the thicker padding) and love it.

If you're OCD about your pedals being laid out perfectly straight, dual lock is king!

UrbanHymns

Silver Supporting Member
Just search "low profile dual lock" on Amazon. Amazing stuff. No white padding. Comes off easily with no residue.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Love the stuff. Used it to attach a Nemesis and LA Lady to the top of a Roland jc22. They're locked in and don't budge. A+ product and the only sticky stuff I'd ever use.

tdump

Silver Supporting Member
Glad to hear dual lock is working for so many of you guys. My NYC board came covered in velcro hook, and I was advised to use the standard velcro with it, not the industrial strength kind. A couple 3/4" strips and my pedals don't budge at all. Can't really imagine why someone would need something stronger except as theft protection.

Trending Topics