• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I would like to ask a question, emporium related.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
I am not sure if i am right or not nor i am saying i am right.
I contacted a seller yesterday and asked for his paypal addy.

I told him i wanted the pedal and i was going to buy it.
I sent a message at 5:59PM and went out to get dinner with a couple of friends.

I got back at around 8:30PM.

The pedal was sold.

I am not saying the seller did not have the right to sell it, he has his own right on everything he does in life, but a little courtesy is great.

I had already expressed that i wanted the pedal.
The forumite seems to be a new guy in the forum.

If it was me selling the pedal i would have given the buyer a small window, like i always do and a lot of you guys know i do even when i have other people offering to buy one of my pedals.

Rant over and sorry if this post is in any way inappropriate.

Am i been a little bitchy?

keep on Rockin'!

la noise

Maybe someone contacted him before you? :huh

I always do the first in line procedure. And I am not always
quick to respond to EVERYONE if there are numerous
inquiries.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
How do you know you were first? Perhaps the buyer was in before you.
Because the add only had 2 minutes and when i got back home he had already sent me his Paypal addy stating that he would sell the pedal to me, then a second message stating it was sold.

I read them when i got back at 8:30sh PM.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe someone contacted him before you? :huh

I always do the first in line procedure. And I am not always
quick to respond to EVERYONE if there are numerous
inquiries.
He replied and i am pretty sure i was the first one.
Anyway, it is only a pedal, what i did not like was the lack of courtesy.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
buyers who say they want to buy an item and request a paypal address sometimes disappear or procrastinate in paying, and then flake out completely causing the seller to lose other potential buyers who expressed interest in the item.

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
I've had people tell me more than one time they wanted something and never followed through. I take the money from whoever pays first.
There is that element to it. First person to pay gets it. Seems reasonable, I guess. I would have given you the courtesy to pay, but that is me. But there are a lot of people who say they will take something and then back out.

zztomato

I think you needed to be clear that you would pay as soon as you got back from dinner. While I would've given you a bit more time, some people just want it sold -maybe because they need money quickly to buy something else. On occasion I've listed something for a stupid low price just to get money in my PP account for another time sensitive purchase.

There's enough flakes that say "I want it" and then they never follow through. I've had that happen a lot.

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
I understand your frustration, I've been in that boat here a few times. You commit to taking something, never hear back, now it's sold. Or, the ad magically changes and now I'm the bad guy because it was ridiculous of me to think someone would sell something at that price. Ridiculous? Hardly. We all get in jams sometimes and have to liquidate something for bail or bill money, that's why Pawn Shops exist. Sometimes you have to take a big hit to resolve a crises and you let something go dirt cheap because you've exhuasted your resources otherwise. It's not ridiculous or uncommon to see an item on any selling forum where someone is blowing something out dirt cheap to pay for something else.
This happens on Craigslist all the time. I sent a guy several emails this last weekend saying "money in hand, ready to meet you" starting friday night.
Monday mid morning, I get an email saying he's "working something out" with another buyer.
Dick move, he could have had cash in his hand delivered to his house just hours after placing the ad. He could have also sent me an email much sooner saying it was no longer available, instead of me continuing to send him emails thinking he was out of town or something.
Also
Thank you Moderators for making emporium ads not be just a link to Reverb. That got old really quick, and was a dis service to the forum and it's members, IMO.

lizardking

Silver Supporting Member
Being out of the house is no excuse. I can't count the transactions I have completed via smart phone on the go.
First money in my PayPal gets it.

What were you hoping to buy?
Kinda has a point....the PayPal app is your friend, lol...or your enemy depending on how you think about it....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom