• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Ibanez AD9 reissue

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
Have one of these and really like it, I also have an original Maxon AD9 to compare it to, and I think while not quite as good, its pretty darn good.

I have read with interest Analog Mans comments about it not being a good sounding delay and I appreciate his comments about it not having the original Panasonic chip (which I knew when I bought it) but I am also curious to read Keely's comments about it being a great sounding delay.

So, anyone else out there really like the AD9 reissue?

In comparison, I much prefer it over the Carbon Copy.

mdrake34

I love mine for slapback. At 300ms, it's not much delay, so I use my DE7 for longer delays.

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
I love mine for slapback. At 300ms, it's not much delay, so I use my DE7 for longer delays.

good point, I use it for slightly longer than slap back but as a pretty mild delay for some depth rather than reverb

jocfan1

I love my AD9, but it's an 83 MIJ version. I did have the Keeley folks do their voodoo on it, but even before that I really loved it. I've heard that the reissue ones don't measure up to the old stuff (though that's a pretty common refrain with... well... everything), but never played one myself. If you're loving yours that's great. I've wondered why the AD9 gets buried so much behind the hype for BOSS analog delays (DM-2/3) on TGP and elsewhere, because I much prefer it to them: a little darker/grittier, and I feel like that's the point of using an analog delay vs. digital.

good point, I use it for slightly longer than slap back but as a pretty mild delay for some depth rather than reverb
:agree , especially when I'm using my amp for drive rather than pedals. I also use it with my acoustic rig... frankly there's nothing that my AD9 doesn't work for.

jocfan1

I have an 80s MIJ and the carbon copy destroys it in every sense.

Different strokes, I guess. I A/B'd them side-by-side when I bought my AD9 and obviously I chose the Ibanez. The CC is certainly a solid pedal (I've even recommended it to a couple of friends over the years as a relatively cheap analog delay option), but I preferred the AD9.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom