Ibanez AF 75 any owners here ?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Blind Rat, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Blind Rat

Blind Rat Member

Hi guys and gals,I have been looking for a left handed Ibanez AF75 for quite a while now and the other day I got a call from my Ibanez rep saying they can get me one as you would expect I'm very happy does anyone here have any thoughts about these guitars to share with me?

2. Facemelt

Facemelt Member

Somewhere south of hell & north of Mexico
    I have an AF75 in blue http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/9/9/275999.jpg

I love it. The finish is nice the action is good and I love the sound. I usually play it unplugged but it sounds good through an amp too. It is great for playing at the house because it isn't crazy loud like a dread. I got a crazy good deal on mine which makes it all that much sweeter. I just need to find a hardshell case for it since it didn't come with one :)

3. Blind Rat

Blind Rat Member

Thanks for the answer Facemelt,I see people carrying them around in dread cases.

4. Facemelt

Facemelt Member

Somewhere south of hell & north of Mexico
    Really? I didn't think they would fit well in them. I am a cheapskate when it comes to cases but I need to get one. I take that guitar over to my friend's house quite a bit because he has a stratacoustic and we play outside at night. Loud enough to enjoy ourselves but not loud enough to make the neighbors complain :D

The only thing that happened to me being a n00b on guitar was that I didn't realize that the bridge would totally come off of the guitar. Posts and all! I have since learned that changing the strings one at a time will keep me from having to remember exactly where it goes each time. You probably already knew this but in case you didn't.....

5. IbanezAFS75

IbanezAFS75 Member

i have one, i dont use it that much anymore since i got my strat. i like it a lot, the neck's nice. one thing you have to watch out for is the input jack likes to come loose and cave into the guitar where its near impossible to get out. its been like that on a few i've tried.

6. Blind Rat

Blind Rat Member

Thanks guys,I am hearing a lot of good info here I knew about that bridge falling off(I've got an archtop f hole acoustic with a floater).
    I am more of an alnico pickup sorta player I have my eyes on a pair of GFS P90's for the new one when she gets here.

7. PA Woody

PA Woody Member

I went to the local M&P for their "Day after Thanksgiving Sale". I needed a pair of studio monitors. Everything in the store was 20% off for 2 hours. And their prices were already at internet prices. I got the monitors and was on my way to the checkout when I saw an orange AF75 sitting all alone, away from the other guitars. Tag said 349.00. Minus 20%...wow 280.00 for a new Artcore! I love it, but, like others, I'm not thrilled with the pickups. I thought it would sound a lot warmer. At some point I will probably swap pups but for now, it's just fine. Nice setup from the store, new set of strings, it plays great. Looks great, too.