Ibanez analog Delay Champ. Opinions?

Mig60

I just buyed one on Ebay, any opinions? the chips used seems like the old boss delay

SonicVI

They're almost exactly the same circuit and use the same BBD IC as the earlier AD-9, and are exactly the same as the ADL. They have a very warm and kinda dark echo tone. They usually don't sell for more than $100 or so on ebay which is a great deal considering original AD-9's are selling for twice that or more.

Mig60

ok, thanks so much!
it looks really cheap, but i remember reading very good reviews.

woodie

Silver Supporting Member
i have one and i like it better than my maxon ad-80 (less muddy). It does the feedback thing that the ad-9s i've tried out can't do. Well worth the money. I have no idea why they aren't going for more money on ebay.

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Gold Supporting Member
Great sounding delay, has those damn 10 Series jacks :mad:

Mig60

Thanks a lot
is it difficult to rehouse in another enclosure? changing jacks and switch...

Lintybits

One of the 1st pedals I bought, don't know what happened to it.

I loved it, may buy another one someday.

I've still got the manual for it - if the one you bought doesn't have one and you need it let me know.

Mig60

One of the 1st pedals I bought, don't know what happened to it.

I loved it, may buy another one someday.

I've still got the manual for it - if the one you bought doesn't have one and you need it let me know.
thanks so much, i'll let you know

It probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. There are two pc boards and everything is board mounted.
Sorry, my english sometimes is horrible, you mean is difficult, no?

SonicVI

Difficulty would be dependent on your experience. I personally don't believe it would be worth the trouble of rehousing it. I never noticed any tone sucking, it's buffered like every other Ibanez pedal.

Mig60

It arrived today, sounds great, it's an ugly thing but i'm happy, sound much better that i expect. Thanks for your opinions.