Ibanez Analog Delay Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bertramladner, Apr 24, 2015.

1. bertramladner

bertramladner Supporting Member

I just got an AD9 Reissue used, but I noticed it doesn’t have the MN Chps. I like how it sounds very funky and un digital. I am wondering if I could do better with an Ad99 model which has the MN chip. Is it worth the trouble?

Thanks,

Bert

2. ThunderTomate

ThunderTomate Member

http://www.analogman.com/IbanezMaxonAD92.htm

3. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

I have an AD-99 with the MN3205 chip. If you can find one cheap, it might be worth a shot. I can get my AD-99 to sound exactly like some of the older DM-2s with the same chip.

I've never owned a reissue AD-9, but the one's I've tried out sounded pretty good.

4. bertramladner

bertramladner Supporting Member

or should I just get an AD-900 for $105 more?

5. bratch

bratch Member

Also check out the 10- series delay (cd-10) or the ADL, if you can find it. But if you like your delay, than **** it.

I used to rock a cd-10 delay champ, and it was great, but I now use and love my deluxe memory boy, crappy chips and all.

6. Rydell

Rydell Member

I think it depends on how you use it. I like the AD-9 RI for adding a bit of ambiance to my non-reverb tweed amp. My settings are pretty subtle and it works fine. I used to have a DM-2 as well as the original MXR analog delay and really don't hear much difference at my usual settings. I'm currently using a DD-3 for longer delay times.