Ibanez AR420; any experience?

I like the design and sound of these things, although I'm not sure about the bling but I guess, all else being equal, I could live with it. So please don't post about the early Japanese examples being better...
Anyone have one-or the 220? I have serious gas for either but am drawn to the Super 58 equipped 420 below. Thanks.

MKB

Silver Supporting Member
I had one of the reissues from a few years ago, with the standard stop tailpiece. Was a really good guitar, voiced a bit on the bright side though (probably because of the maple neck). It always struck me as either a fully optimized SG or the dual cutaway Les Paul Gibson should have made but never did. I always regretted not buying an original, as I'd personally prefer a nitro finish and no top veneer over the maple cap.

socalscott

I played one and enjoyed running it through all the switching combos. No doubt a quality instrument. I had a boner for Artists since the 70's. A few years ago, I went with an '82 vintage Artist 3xx, as it was old and heavy wood. 58's are the shyte for me, as long as they go aboot 7.2K.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom