Ibanez AW 7 Auto Wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ked, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ked

ked Supporting Member

Has anyone tried one, if so, what's your opinion? I'm looking for an auto wah but, don't have the money for a boutique pedal. The price in right on the Ibanez. The pedal sounds good from the sound files I've heard that don't use the distortion with the wah. The sound files that have the distortion engaged sounds like hell. I don't have any need for the distortion part of it anyway. All thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

2. carljoensson

carljoensson Member

Hi,
    I'm not familiar with AW-7. Maybe you could get one used and upgrade later, thus not losing any money in the trades.

Ibanez have done quite a few good envelope filters over the years. I own an Ibanez AW-5 (soundtank series) and an Ibanez AF-201. The 201 is really someting else... so many sounds, very thick and filtered, not really subtle. The soundtank is a bit toned down as I recall but still does pretty alright for rhytmic quacks. Don't know about buffers and tonesucking issues, probably pretty bad on the ones I have - but I don't worry.

It's good to start out somewhere to see if it's an effect you'd be using much. Mine are kept as studio tools, not on the board.
    /C

3. ked

ked Supporting Member

Thanks for the reply carljoensson.

Ken

4. ked

ked Supporting Member

Well, just for anyones reference. I ordered one, got it today and still don't know what it should sound like. It must be faulty, I can't even get the damn thing to wah. Crap!

Ken

5. syxxstring

syxxstring Member

The BYOC filter/auto wah is the only one I've ever tried that I really like.

6. ked

ked Supporting Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Ken