Ibanez Baritone and others

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by LouRossi, Jan 26, 2007.

1. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

I just spotted a Ibanez MM Baritone used for 699... Any opinions on this ax as it's out of state for me... I was thinking about the OLP but I really want something 'better'

Thx
    Lou

2. harlycarly

harlycarly Supporting Member

Look around for a Danelectro Baritone. You might fall in love with it.

3. Lnkn Prk 13

Lnkn Prk 13 Member

I have a ESP LTD VB-300 and I absolutely love it. It sustains great and overall can cover any base I need it too. Great cleans even from the EMG 81 I put in the bridge, Distortion is even better. I think it was under $400 at the time.

4. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

The Jerry Jones 2 pickup bari is the one I want. The pickups have wonderful sound. My buddies older version of this guitar is one of the easiest playing, best sounding electrics I've had my hands on in years. Gonna cost more, but it is worth it.

5. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

& I think the scale length is longer as well...

6. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

I ibanez MMM1 is my favorite of the baritones I have played and I may pick one up in the next few months. The 28" scale is better than the usual 27" and the quality is really high. The notes are nice and bright unlike many baritones and the whole instrument really has a nice punch to it.

7. Josh O

Josh O Member

Man, do I kick myself in the ass for not picking up the used MM1 I saw at GC two years ago, they wanted $399 for it. I've only tried a couple of baritones but the MM1 felt very natural in my hand and as whoismarykelly said, it had a great punch to it.

8. dirk nixon

dirk nixon Member

I think $699 is a bit high. They seem to go for around $400 - 500 used.

9. Road Runner

Road Runner Member

I paid $599 for mine new, plus they sold me the JEM / Prestige case for $69 since they didn't have one of the regular Ibanez cases in stock and had already priced it to me with case. I'm still learning my way with this guitar but love the tone this thing has. I've got a set of EMG 81's I could put in, but I'm still trying to decide as I like the stock pups too. Longterm I may look at doing something with the finish. Its kind of an open-pore natural finish right now, and as I've read its going to show wear quicker than most.

Later, Jim