Ibanez Cabriolet model or Tracii Guns Ibanez circa 1992

shwn

i was curious to see if someone here could help me identify and/or find an Ibanez model from around 1992...
I've seen pictures of Tracii Guns using a SSH dual cutaway model Ibanez from around 1992. It's pictured in an ad for Randall amps, and it's also the guitar he's playing in L.A. Guns video for "Kiss My Love Goodbye" and in a picture in the July 1992 Guitar For The Practicing Musician during his interview. The post I created about asking for a copy of the interview is in the Sound Hound Lounge... I don't know how to paste pictures here, sorry...
He calls it a Cabriolet model; it has a 3/4 sized dual cutaway start-style body, maple top mahogany body with binding, with a SSH and a Floyd Rose... He used a solid red, solid blue and solid green model with white binding... I can't find anything about the guitar to even start looking for one online... It also had a non-pointy Ibanez headstock that I hadn't seen before some of the more recent models...
Can someone fill in some of the specifics about it so I can find one somewhere? I searched the Ibanez catalogs from around then and nothing popped up like it...
I'd love to have an inexpensive guitar like this!

shwn

I guess an Ibanez SA160 would be a more recent similar type minus the Floyd Rose... Any other SSH guitars in that money range that have these specs? The FR is optional but I need a trem...
With the recent cancer medical bills, I can't afford much, but a cheap new guitar might be enough to pick me up a bit!

i have the mag and ad somewhere. i think they were made in USA models together with Heartfield which was the us brand of hoshino, ibanez' parent company. IIRC it had a similar headstock but with 3X3 tuners instead of 6 in line.
sorry to hear about your medical troubles. nothing like a guitar to perk you up.

shwn

I've never heard of heartfield guitars... I'll see what I can dig up... Thanks for the info!

shwn

I wonder if it was custom made for him then... Talman was what I was trying to think of when I mentioned the headstock... I couldn't remember the name!

shwn

And Starfield had a Cabriolet model, it just doesn't look like what Tracii used...

shwn

An update: I talked with Tracii via Twitter and he said that there was only 4 made for him and Ibanez kept one... He called it the Cabriolet and there were 4 colors, black, purple, green and blue...
I asked him if he would give one to a good home, but he didn't answer!

Does anyone know of a guitar like these? I especially like the cutaways being the same length...

Trending Topics