• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Ibanez custom agent

Niblos

Any love for the unsung Ibanez custom agent with super 70s (pickups)? I have a pre-serial black model and have grown to love it even more over the years. I just happen to stumble across this cool youtube video doing a great job of one of my favorite Steely Dan tunes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-AmB5FPyg&feature=related

Those super 70s really nail that tone! Enjoy!

Last edited:

dspellman

Izzat the one with the F-5 mandolin headstock?
That's the one -- the little curl on the top is nearly always a "repaired" item when you find one for sale. They break if the wind blows the wrong direction. It's got amazingly ornate inlays on both fretboard and on the body below the bridge, and if you have the original pickguard on the guitar, it's a true prize <G>. These are awesome guitars sonically.

Niblos

Actually broke my headstock off at a gig back in '92(?). At the time it was our bass player's guitar but he never noticed during the show and I ended up purchasing it from him soon after. Ended up really appreciating that guitar more and more over the years. Glued it back on and no one ever notices it. Superb pickups and just a beauty.

Had a tech servicing it a while back and he said folks were oohing and aahing "like it was a '59 les paul". (lol)

Have two gretsches in my collection but somehow the ibanez is the first guitar I tend to grab. Extremely underrated guitar.

BTW, it still has the pickguard in great shape.

It's got amazingly ornate inlays...on the body below the bridge, .
Izznat "picture of pearl" "inlayed" on the body? The psuedo-tailpiece "inlay"? Many F-5 mandolins have the headstock scroll busted off too (see Bill Monroe). As a bluegrass mandolin player, I once thought I should own one of these. Brief thought, quickly forgotten.

Trending Topics