1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ibanez FL9 - phasing problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cheameup, May 17, 2011.

1. cheameup

cheameup Member

hey

I have a reissue FL9 flanger that I bought 2nd hand a while ago .I like to run it in fornt of the amp not in the effect loop . but it messes with the tone when bypassed . Its not tone suck or killing highs . its like it is doin a very mild flanging when bypassed which sounds like an out of phase kind of thing . tried it daisy chained and on its own power and its the same but it's worse with other pedals in front of it .

Its the FL9 for sure. as soon as I take it out my tone springs back to life

I got it for a real cheap price a few years ago on ebay and never used it much till recently . I'm thinking i got it cheap for a reason .

Can you have a phase issue with bypassed pedals in front of an amp ?