Ibanez reliced guitars

tjbrokaw4

Silver Supporting Member
I saw a factory reliced ibanez artcore at a local music shop. It played and sounded great. The relic job was different story. Anyone else seen or played these?

rodger

I saw them on Musicians Friend. Played the demo video. Sounded nice. I like relic'ed guitars, though it seems to be a polarizing topic. I'm thinking of picking up the dreadnought for camping.

I was wondering about the relic job. What didn't you like about it?

gkoelling

I saw them on Musicians Friend. Played the demo video. Sounded nice. I like relic'ed guitars, though it seems to be a polarizing topic. I'm thinking of picking up the dreadnought for camping.

Yes, are you against relic guitars or do these just look bad?

tjbrokaw4

Silver Supporting Member

It was cheesy, the hardware and neck looked good. The body not so much. It looked like someone scratched it up and filled the scratches with wood stain.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
Everybody is getting into the relic act. The relicing on those guitars looks OK, not custom shop quality, but then again, they cost less than $400, don't they?

Polynitro

i was afraid this was gonna happen.
only a matter of time...surprised it took this long tbh
sigh.

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
I haven't seen one on person, but I definitely don't like what I've seen on the web site. I'm OK with satin finishes, and maybe a bit of simulated wear, but the gouges/wormholes are too much, and IMO look cheap and tacky. It's a huge change in looks for the Artcore line, and it makes me glad I got my AFB200 in the Sunset Red that has been replaced by the "vintage" finish.

I guess the marketplace will decide, but I ain't buying it.

stealthtastic

The relics don't really look that good in my opinion. They aren't much worse than what other brands offer at the same price point though.

Telechamp

I played one of these at Sam Ash the other day. The relic job looked okay for the price ($500).

Also, if you like a fat neck, these have them.

Pedal Dan

The Island of Misfit Pedals
Yeah ...Why not?
Relic is one way of extending the shelf life of a new guitar.
If a normal new guitar gets a dent or ding, it immediately becomes B-stock.
If a relic guitar gets scratched of dented..... its custom relic.:D
Last time I went to Guitar Center...

All they had was relics.

PartoftheDark

I think a Talman would look great relic'd, but then you could just buy a used one from the 90s and they're most of the way there already. Same for these. I think these look decent enough, though. I wouldn't even call them relic'd. They look more like a cleaned up used guitar.

Polynitro

Last time I went to Guitar Center...

All they had was relics.
this is 'why not'
choices are limited to relic'd or non relic'd pink double neck.
go to fender cs site like 70% of all guitars are relics.
enough already! Stop the madness! lol

Trending Topics