Ibanez Roadstar 2 Telecaster!

Goldstrat

I picked up a Roadstar 2 Tele today with an ebony fretboard and humbucker in the bridge. I could not find any info on these on the Internet at all. I took a chance because I have played the strats from that series and liked them. Best $150 I ever spent! Does anyone remember these? it is from early to mid 80's. These are terrible pics from my ipad. It is Real dark Green and black around the edges and the neck is black with ebony. The grain shows through but the green is so dark it looks black from 10 feat away. I picked up this and an American Special strat. This blows away the strat in guality and everything else.

Last edited:

bigtone23

That's really cool! I'm unfamiliar with the model, must be rare or from an exclusive release in Japan or Europe, as I wore those catalogs out back then. RS II were around from 82ish to 86ish with that headstock. Hmm...

SackvilleDan

Platinum Supporting Member
That looks awesome for $150... the old Roadstars are solid! I have a Roadstar bass from '77 that will give most old Ps and Js a run for their money!

3 Mile Stone

Silver Supporting Member
I never knew there was a Tele shape in that line up. Is that a single bucker or is there a dark black single coil in the neck we can't see? Either way, that thing kills!!

RDerek59

I had a Roastar II Strat. Was nice enough but tuners were kinda bad. Good guitar overall. Wish I still had it.

IbanezRokr

Holy hell that's cool!!! As an Ibanez lover, and a Tele lover, I have made it my new life's goal to find one! What a cool piece! Well done sir!

Matt L

Yeah, that is either a very rare model or a Roadstar neck on a different body....hmmm

Goldstrat

Thanks for all the comments. It has a real dark Blue green burst to Black on the sides and neck. The headstock also has the burst like the body so I doubt it is a neck on a different body. There is a single coil in the neck that is like the old Jacksons with the direct mount to the body and magnet pole with the Allen socket on the pole piece. I will try to get a few better pics to see the color and grain.

Trending Topics