• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ibanez SD9M ?

6Tones

Not many good sound clips on youtube of it.
Any experiences with it? Is it like a TS with more gain ?

thewordking

I had one for about two days. It was one of the worst pedals I've ever had. I love tubescreamers and most things Ibanez/Maxon but I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Just sounded thin and cheap to me. Just my experience with single coils and a few different amps, but I wasn't a fan.

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
Scott Henderson says it's the best distortion pedal ever made. From what I understand it lets more bass through than most pedals. I've always wanted to try one in person.

0xeneye

Silver Supporting Member
I have one and absolutely love it. But then I love the things others hate about it. It's pretty much like this :

HughesP

Some people say the Ibanez SD9m sounds really different from the original ibanez/maxon sd9. I couldn't really tell the difference except that the new sd9 has more sounds in it, so it can sound different m, but can also get those classic sd9 tones.

The pedal is very different from a ts9. Hard clipping distortion instead of soft clipping overdrive. Mid scoop, more bass and more treble. Also worth knowing that most users use it with the tone control almost down to zero. All knobs at noon sounds horrible. If you know how to set it, it can sound really good.

I liked the sd9m - but eventually got rid of it because my playing situations at the moment don't require that much gain.

Unadan

I'm thinking the current Maxon SD-9 is a better built pedal than the Ibanez reissue - anyone have thoughts on this?

Pablomago

I'm thinking the current Maxon SD-9 is a better built pedal than the Ibanez reissue - anyone have thoughts on this?
I have the Maxon. I haven't heard many good reviews of the SD-9M. My Maxon sounds just like the old Ibanez SD-9 I tried years ago and that's the reason I bought it.

Trending Topics