1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Ibanez SR506 for a good 6 string?

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by comicbookguy95, Jan 29, 2012.

1. comicbookguy95

comicbookguy95 Member

2. wemedge

wemedge Member

I had one. Incredibly nice bass, can't be beat for the money, esp used.

Cons- a bit neck heavy.

3. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

I'm looking at these myself. I'm a guitarist who has dabbled in bass recently. A friend gave me her old late-80s Ibanez SR800 that she converted to fretless, because she plays upright jazz bass. I've always loved the sound of fretless bass, so this was great. I've been playing 2-3 songs on bass w/ my cover band now, and I'm getting hooked.

I went to GC the other day, and I picked up the SR506 they had, and started messing around with it. I couldn't get over how fun it was and how nicely it played. I had just been playing a great $1600 Music Man Stingray, too, and I was just as happy with the Ibanez. I had an Ibanez RGA8 8-string recently, so I'm a little used to that size neck. I find it comfortable, actually. The whole thing feels a little like a bass version of my Gibson SG, being a little neck-heavy with a thin, light body. Definitely getting one soon.