Ibanez tone lok mini switch issues..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by -=solewheelin, Jul 7, 2008.

1. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

has anyone successfully repaired a mini switch on a DE7 or other tone-lok series pedal? i bought mine used with a loose switch that barely functions for 20$. the faulty switch really does seem like it could be repaired but i figured i ask here 1st
    thanks!

2. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

3. vintage66

vintage66 Member

There are replacement switches online but I haven't tried one on my Ts-5. I know they're available for the tonelock series too. I can't remember what site had them but they were very cheap.

4. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

Thanks friend.
    The slider seems to be loose.. i took it apart today and put a shim inside the switch with a piece if plastic.

Even though the switch is still dodgy, I noticed an improvement in my selection when i moved the switch. But it still isnt good enough.
    i dont think it needs replacement, but i could be wrong.
    Thanks!

5. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

I must say im a fan of the tone of this pedal, so i might just leave it on a permanent setting as my "A" delay pedal in the chain. thanks

6. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Oh, I misunderstood and thought you meant the on-off switch. I also have a DE7 and it knocked my analog delay off my board-mostly because of the longer delay times but it sounds comparable anyway. Might have been small bear that had the parts.