Ibanez TS808 Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by aaronl, Feb 20, 2008.

1. aaronl

aaronl Supporting Member

Hey guys I bought (a while back) an Ibanez TS808 I have always used either a Ts9 or TS7 but some type of tube screamer.

Is there any reason to "mod" this pedal? I am pretty darn happy with it but as with most things there always seems to be room for improvement.

Any ideas? Is it worth $50ish to do something to it?

Thanks!

2. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

LEAVE IT ALOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

just my 2 cents

3. shecfr

shecfr Supporting Member

The Mod's I have seen basically give the pedal a better bass response.

4. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Well that depends. Is there anything about it you are unhappy with? Do you wish it had more gain, or more bass, or was clearer, or less mids or able to get cleaner? If any of those are a "yes" then there is a mod for you. If no then leave it alone. :)

5. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

Keeley adds a little more grit. Takes away some of the boring smoothness. Better bass response.

Keeley's mod is worth it.

6. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

I actually love my stock TS808 for stacking. It and my Timmy are my favorite for stacking for two very different reasons.

The TS808 cuts out some bass and emphasizes mids quite a bit, and if you stack it (with gain all the way down) before a higher gain pedal, you get a really killer lead sound that will cut through any mix.

The Timmy is great for stacking for a fatter bluesy-er tone.

The only mod I would want for my TS808 is the True bypass mod, because I use its different frequency response to my advantage.

7. aaronl

aaronl Supporting Member

What would you guys use as a baseline for a Reverend Hellhound amp? (if anyone has tried one)

The pedal seems a little "vanilla" I realize that is sort of the point, I actually like it but as a guitar player I am realizing more and more that there is always something "better"

8. Sixa

Sixa Member

This is exactly how I have my setup. The TS808 into the Timmy, is an unbelievable lead boost IMHO. :BEER