Ibanez TS808HW how are you using it?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dillow4092, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Dillow4092

Dillow4092 Member

I just got one of these hand wired tube screamers in a trade. I really have nothing to compare it to, but it sounds pretty good. Just curious what settings people are using, and how your using it with your rig.

Please if you have some negative remark to add, just don't. This thread is for people actually using one. Thanks for understanding...

2. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

I don't own one right now (I've played with one a few times), but I prefer it on clean amps, even solid state ones if necessary (it works very nicely on them too). I actually think it's so good on clean amps that using it for boosting dirty ones would be a waste of its beautiful and detailed crunchy tones and transparency.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  3. Snap

Snap Member

I use mine into a Twin Reverb at the front end of my board.
    With the gain all the way down it provides a nice light overdrive by itself or cascaded into my other overdrives.

4. vintage66

vintage66 Member

I don't have that one but I have several tube screamers-I think they work best into an already somewhat overdriven amp, or at least on the verge of breakup. I use it two different ways, either with everything on the pedal about halfway, for a kind of mid-boosted lead pedal, or with the gain turned down and the level up for a nice boost that's not really transparent but sounds a little warmer that a boost pedal. Some people use them with a twin as Snap said, Phillip Sayce comes to mind.