Ibanez UE 300 ME Unit on Ebay....?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by trumpus, Feb 10, 2006.

1. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

2. drolling

drolling Member

I have heard that the tubescreamer in there's one of the *good* ones, but since I got an MJM BluesDevil a few years back, I'm covered for 808/TS9 type tones.

3. Yek

Yek Member

Heard a great guitar player last year using one of those (Fender amp). Sounded great.

4. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

That thing looks cool...

I'm developing a thing for those early multi-fx units from the 80's.. Have to go and check out the local buy/sell/loan/steal shop, they usually carry stuff like that..

5. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

I had a friend with one of those once. Sounded really cool! I'm sure it had a delay though...

6. Alejandro

Alejandro Supporting Member

I own the PT-5. It came after this one... MIJ too, and as you can notice it's really mint. Sounds pretty well
    [​IMG]

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

It's a good effect-not as good as the separate units to my ears, and many have a distortion that doesn't sound like a TS808 (more late TS9 reissue kind of sound). If the price is right you could spend more money on less. But, the Korg PME40x still kills it for quality of effects and flexibility.

8. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Hey,

I wasn't actually planning on buying it, i was just wondering if the TS was the "good" kind!

Brian

9. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

I had the rack versoion of this the ue 400 of somenthting like that. I actually had two one in the eighties and one in the late nineties. The were bothe very good. I vcouldn't tell the difference between the TS9 and the UE unit TS. The chorus is what I really loved about that unit. Unfortunately both suffered from failing footswitches and replacements just were not available. I may bid on this myself.

10. Tone_Gecko

Tone_Gecko Member

I have a rack ue-405 that I love!

Analog delay/chorus/parametric EQ/comp

Any one of those units are great. Watch for a UE303B. it has a auto filter/chorus/flanger/compressor.

Every once in while you'll also see one that has a 7 band EQ in them.