Ibanez UE 400 Multi Effects

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TimD, Jan 14, 2006.

1. TimD

TimD Member

Anyone know where I can score a footswitch for this unit? I had one years ago and it's a pretty cool rackmount unit w/a TS9, comp, chorus, phasor etc. It's a rack unit that uses a proprietory footswitch that has a multi pin cable, similiar to an old printer cable on one end.
    I just found and won one of these on the 'bay and realized the seller does not have the switch! I've sent pymt but basically, this thing is going to be a paperweight!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

2. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

I have a UE400 and they're one of those great but often forgotten effects. I could reverse engineer one for you but it might be cheaper just to wait around until one shows up on ebay.

3. TimD

TimD Member

Thanks, I may in fact take you up on this.
    PM me if you have any idea as to what that may run.

I've not seen too many footswitches on the bay. Who know's.

Tim

4. murkat

murkat I like sea otters Silver Supporting Member

Hey Uncle... I'll get back to ya ;) ... I think I know were one is, whats your price range?

5. TimD

TimD Member

Hey murkat, are we talking for the footswitch only or the who unit? Email me if you run across one. That would be awesome.
    I hope to not put too much $$$ into the switch alone.

6. murkat

murkat I like sea otters Silver Supporting Member

I know of model #pc 40 and #fc 40 for ibanez rak units pre midi. I dont think they work for the UE... but look almost the same.

7. iodine74

iodine74 Member

I ran into a similar situation a couple years ago with a ue-405. Turns out that not only did mine not have the cable, but the previous owner had done some sort of mod to the thing (the guy who sold it to me had gotten it secondhand from a studio closing or something, didn't have use for it, and didn't know about the issues-- so he claimed). Anyways, some of the wires inside the unit were taped together, so I tried some various combinations and could actually get effects to turn on if I tried various combinations. So in theory i could have just left them on all the time.. but not really what I wanted.

Anyways, after a year and a half of watching ebay hoping for a footswitch to show up, only 1 ever did, and I totally forgot about it right before the auction ended so I missed out.

My recommendation.. have someone build you one. I was going to do that, but never contacted anyone about it. And sold it several months ago

I hope to eventually pick up both a 400 and a 405 sometime within the next year.

8. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Maybe we can make one of those work. If it's a box with 5 switches & leds, we're 90% there.

9. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I could use one, hmm, the box is worth maybe $200, could the pedal be made for $50 or so? Regardless PM me?