Iced Earth and WCR-Concert Stuff

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Jim Wagner Pickups, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Jim Wagner Pickups

Jim Wagner Pickups Member

Last night (Thurs. 23, 08), Carol, Dillon and myself drove 3 hrs to SF CA to meet up with Jon Schaffer and the rest of Iced Earth. Really cool venue, it is the old Regency Center, built in 1905 by the Masons. Incredible structure. Here's the inside:
    [​IMG]
    They cleared out the bottom floor for the concert. The overhead balcony was totally empty and closed off, except to us. So it was like we had our our private Iced Earth concert. WOW !!! it was AWESOME !!!
    Every member in the band was right on top of it, all of them excellent players.
    It was the 1st concert I ever went to that I had to eventually put in some earplugs. Jon had IceBuckers in most of the stuff and I finally got to hear them in person at the level he wanted them for. Pure excellence, if anyone gets a chance, you should go see them. They are in L.A. tonite.
    We arrived several hours early, so had some time to chew the fat with everyone, and then Jon, Dillon Carol and myself went out to get some grub. Schaffer chowed down a HUGE ribeye !!! lol
    Here are some pix. Hope you guys enjoy them, if you have any questions, I hope I have some answers [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  2. Jim Wagner Pickups

Hey Jon, check out this black thing floating in the air....."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matt Barlow. Super nice guy, and a KILLER voice. I was expecting blood at any minute.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  3. Jim Wagner Pickups

[​IMG]
    DINNER !!! Jon downed a HUGE ribeye... lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I thought Tim Mills from Bare Knuickle Pickups in the U.K. was in Iced Earth now-I do not recognize him in the pics?

5. Jim Wagner Pickups

He was for awhile, not anymore. .......Tim Owens was too, but Jon got Matt back. Way better . For THAT sound at least. Matt was a rally good show.
    And Troy (the other guitarist) was absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! The new bas player was pretty damn awesome as well. I told Jon he should give that drummer a raise.... lol

6. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Hey Jim. Can you P.M. me to tell me some info on the pickups I will be getting soon in my Guitar25 Tele from RS and Lance. I think I am about 3 weeks away from delivery.

7. Jim Wagner Pickups

Just shoot me an e-mail. I don't use the PMs on websites, as I just don't frequent them on a regular basis, and some folks were waiting on answers for a looong time....... lol Or even better call me. I know I did them awhile ago....
    [​IMG]

8. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member