Iconnectaudio4+ owners?

p.j.

Anyone get one these yet? I just got one for Father's Day but haven't had a chance to use it yet because I am on vacation. (Having fun with my family, nonetheless!)

claudel

First impressions.

Very powerful. Lots more features than I actually need at the moment.

There's a bit of a learning curve.

Works with PC/Mac host and iOS device at the same time, pretty cool but I don't use the Mac for music.

Good thing I have the Mini. iOS configuration app needs to be updated to work with iConnectAudio4+ so I needed
to plug both computers into it and run iConfig/OS X on the Mini to get thru the initial firmware update and setup.

Seems to work just fine standalone with the iPad after I saved the configuration.

Hopefully the manufacturer will support all their platforms before too long.

It sounds at least as good or better than the Guitar Jack 2 I've been using, but that's a couple years old now.

Having a few issues with BiasFX crackling in the background when I play complex patches, but it only
happens under a load. I'm using IAA to load a speaker or acoustic IR into the chain, so I'd guess that's
hogging resources as well. Might be an issue, might not.

I haven't got around to trying BiasFX into Auria yet. Hopefully there are enough available bits...

It'll be cool to add a few external MIDI things like controllers and a switchboard in the not too far future.

Only thing that will lead me to return it is if I can't ditch the pops & crackles, but I have high hopes.

Edit: Tweaking the input & output levels to a reasonable level has gotten rid of most of the annoying extra noises.
There's still a bit of cruft on some of the more complex patches, but I'm pretty sure that's due to iPad overload and not the interface...

Last edited:

p.j.

First impressions.

Very powerful. Lots more features than I actually need at the moment.

There's a bit of a learning curve.

Works with PC/Mac host and iOS device at the same time, pretty cool but I don't use the Mac for music.

Good thing I have the Mini. iOS configuration app needs to be updated to work with iConnectAudio4+ so I needed
to plug both computers into it and run iConfig/OS X on the Mini to get thru the initial firmware update and setup.

Seems to work just fine standalone with the iPad after I saved the configuration.

Hopefully the manufacturer will support all their platforms before too long.

It sounds at least as good or better than the Guitar Jack 2 I've been using, but that's a couple years old now.

Having a few issues with BiasFX crackling in the background when I play complex patches, but it only
happens under a load. I'm using IAA to load a speaker or acoustic IR into the chain, so I'd guess that's
hogging resources as well. Might be an issue, might not.

I haven't got around to trying BiasFX into Auria yet. Hopefully there are enough available bits...

It'll be cool to add a few external MIDI things like controllers and a switchboard in the not too far future.

Only thing that will lead me to return it is if I can't ditch the pops & crackles, but I have high hopes.

Edit: Tweaking the input & output levels to a reasonable level has gotten rid of most of the annoying extra noises.
There's still a bit of cruft on some of the more complex patches, but I'm pretty sure that's due to iPad overload and not the interface...

Thanks for the info. I haven't plugged anything into it yet but I am psyched to own it. I have the Iconnectmidi 2+ and love that you can use your Ipad to control hard synths. This is exponentially cooler!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom