• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Iconnectaudio4+ owners?

p.j.

Anyone get one these yet? I just got one for Father's Day but haven't had a chance to use it yet because I am on vacation. (Having fun with my family, nonetheless!)

claudel

Silver Supporting Member
Mine's on the truck...

Enjoy your vacation...

Last edited:

claudel

Silver Supporting Member
First impressions.

Very powerful. Lots more features than I actually need at the moment.

There's a bit of a learning curve.

Works with PC/Mac host and iOS device at the same time, pretty cool but I don't use the Mac for music.

Good thing I have the Mini. iOS configuration app needs to be updated to work with iConnectAudio4+ so I needed
to plug both computers into it and run iConfig/OS X on the Mini to get thru the initial firmware update and setup.

Seems to work just fine standalone with the iPad after I saved the configuration.

Hopefully the manufacturer will support all their platforms before too long.

It sounds at least as good or better than the Guitar Jack 2 I've been using, but that's a couple years old now.

Having a few issues with BiasFX crackling in the background when I play complex patches, but it only
happens under a load. I'm using IAA to load a speaker or acoustic IR into the chain, so I'd guess that's
hogging resources as well. Might be an issue, might not.

I haven't got around to trying BiasFX into Auria yet. Hopefully there are enough available bits...

It'll be cool to add a few external MIDI things like controllers and a switchboard in the not too far future.

Only thing that will lead me to return it is if I can't ditch the pops & crackles, but I have high hopes.

Edit: Tweaking the input & output levels to a reasonable level has gotten rid of most of the annoying extra noises.
There's still a bit of cruft on some of the more complex patches, but I'm pretty sure that's due to iPad overload and not the interface...

Last edited:

p.j.

First impressions.

Very powerful. Lots more features than I actually need at the moment.

There's a bit of a learning curve.

Works with PC/Mac host and iOS device at the same time, pretty cool but I don't use the Mac for music.

Good thing I have the Mini. iOS configuration app needs to be updated to work with iConnectAudio4+ so I needed
to plug both computers into it and run iConfig/OS X on the Mini to get thru the initial firmware update and setup.

Seems to work just fine standalone with the iPad after I saved the configuration.

Hopefully the manufacturer will support all their platforms before too long.

It sounds at least as good or better than the Guitar Jack 2 I've been using, but that's a couple years old now.

Having a few issues with BiasFX crackling in the background when I play complex patches, but it only
happens under a load. I'm using IAA to load a speaker or acoustic IR into the chain, so I'd guess that's
hogging resources as well. Might be an issue, might not.

I haven't got around to trying BiasFX into Auria yet. Hopefully there are enough available bits...

It'll be cool to add a few external MIDI things like controllers and a switchboard in the not too far future.

Only thing that will lead me to return it is if I can't ditch the pops & crackles, but I have high hopes.

Edit: Tweaking the input & output levels to a reasonable level has gotten rid of most of the annoying extra noises.
There's still a bit of cruft on some of the more complex patches, but I'm pretty sure that's due to iPad overload and not the interface...
Thanks for the info. I haven't plugged anything into it yet but I am psyched to own it. I have the Iconnectmidi 2+ and love that you can use your Ipad to control hard synths. This is exponentially cooler!

Trending Topics