Id LOVE to hear Soundclips featuring an Eric Johnson Signature Strat

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Rock Fella, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

Anybody able to provide soundclip(s) both clean and chiming to smoothly overdriven ............I want to hear does that guitar resonate from end to end as I think it should.

Hoping somebody can put up some material.

Jimmy

2. musicmind

musicmind Member

I guess the EJ owners are too busy playing their guitars to post sound clips :D

3. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

yeah, I guess so, but it takes time to buy all those duracell batteries, brass input jacks and work out the angle so as you are playing at 33.5 degrees south-south west from the north pole as it improves your flutey tone..............LOL :)

Jimmy

4. Randy Van Sykes

Randy Van Sykes Member

Me too...

I played one in a store through an amp for about 20 minutes..sounded amazing...I compared it to at least 10 other (really nice) strats that where there...to my ears, the EJ had the fullest nicest tone...although they didn't have the Jeff Beck model in stock to compare to. ;)

Gas!

5. PAF

PAF Member

Hey Jimmy, I'll try and get one up this coming week, mine arrives Tues I believe

6. spindlergallery

spindlergallery Supporting Member

here is some quick noodling with my EJ.. I a b'd it with a standard and the EJs pups do sound better... real nice strat.... I dont like the laquerd (sp?) fret board however...they say they need time to cure... I think that the ejs will only get better as they age... mine is a black one and is the 643rd made and mint Im willing to sell mine.. here is some mindless noodle for tone listen... http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D75062D56E4ECE4E

7. PAF

PAF Member

sounds good man, can't wait til mine arrives

8. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

erik...............nice and chimy mate, think scott henderson, E Johnson.......and these kinda sounds will be most welcome.

jimmy

9. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

i was quite a bit underwhelmed by the tones on the soundclip (sorry dude) and im hoping to hear clippage with a lot more chime and quack.
    jimmy

10. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

Didn't you want an EJ/henderson type clip? Both of them have the treble way rolled off. So chime isn't something I'd expect.
    Also you're asking guys to get you clips in the style of two guitarists that have rather indentifiable styles...not the easiest thing in the world to cop.