ID This Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by atomicmassunit, Feb 21, 2012.

1. atomicmassunit

atomicmassunit Member

What exact model is this? It's a '95 American made Strat. Pickguard is not original. I haven't seen this particular color with matching head and maple neck... looks almost like the EJ Lucerne Aqua Firemist. It's a little more blue than green, but the color changes a lot with lighting changes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. John C

John C Supporting Member

It's a 1995 American Standard Strat in one of the limited run colors with matching headstocks they did in 1995 and 1996. I believe they did 6 colors - they would release 2 colors at a time and run them for 6 months, then release the next two, etc. As you mentioned the pickguard has been replaced; these just came with the regular American Standard 3-ply white pickguards.

I'm pretty sure both Ocean Turquoise and Lake Placid Blue were part of this run (as were Candy Apple Red, Burgandy Mist, and Olympic White - sorry, I can't remember the other color). I don't remember which color was run in what year but I do remember that Ocean Turquoise and Lake Placid Blue were not run at the same time. The first two photos look more like the Lake Placid Blue, but the photo of the body looks more like Ocean Turquoise. Of course, while the Fender poly finish doesn't yellow like the old nitro finishes do they still do yellow/age a bit. It could just be that the Lake Placid Blue body has yellowed a bit over the years or it could jsut be the lighting in the photo of the body.

3. JRC4558Dude

JRC4558Dude Member

The photo of the body looks like either Ocean Turqouise, or Aquamarine Metallic. The headstock definitely looks like LPB.

Hard to tell the color, because of the lighting. Looking under the pickguard would help!