Identify this guitar

Markorock37

Just finished this guitar, but I have no idea what it actually is. No name or serial anywhere on it. I relacquered it in nitro and installed the bridge humbucker..its a BG pups Darkbucker. Also removed what looked like a cheap imitation Bigsby and installed the stop tailpiece. Quite the job. Getting ready to wire it all up.

I'm guessing that's the best pic your have otherwise you would have posted one that actually shows some detail, correct?

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
The headstock hardware looks like what's on my old kent. Google image search "kent guitar" and you'll see similar ... but not sure.

Markorock37

Could be..also saw some Silvertones with similiar headstocks too. Plus a couple "unknowns". Can't find a pic of this one though.

tim gueguen

Body kind of looks like a Gibson or Epiphone MIII, so I wonder if it isn't an Epi MIIII body with a neck from some cheapy kludged onto it.

Markorock37

The neck is original to the body, so its not pieced together, the neck joint is perfect. Google searching Teisco and Harmony to see if I can find it. It does have a mahogany neck though.

Markorock37

I don't think its a any of the above mentions...but I did find this Kensington..

I think we have a winner...plus its darn close to the same bridge I took off, same pups, same body shape, same fretboard inlays, headstock is different.

Markorock37

Kensington must have been a model name. I did find a Teisco with the same body shape and vibrato but different headstock.

Markorock37

I finally got it all wired up, and everything works, no buzzes..cleeeaaan! This guitar surprised me a bit, it sounds really good. A versatile jazz/blues sound is what I hear, but would work for some rock too. Its got the usaul feedback associated with semi-hollows, and I am surprised on how well the stock neck pickup sounds, and the volume it has being only 3.89K. The BG in the bridge has a nice snarl too it with a wide frequency response. I have some final pics of it I'll try to get posted here in a bit.

Trending Topics