Identify Yumi Nakashima's guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by amper, Apr 29, 2016.

1. amper

amper Member

I'm trying to identify this guitar. The player is Yumi Nakashima of the Japanese band Chirinuruwowaka (チリヌルヲワカ). She also plays as a solo artist as "Yuu" and in the band Go!Go!7188. Yumi was well-known for playing Telecasters, but she has been seen in at least a couple of videos with a red example of this guitar, which seems to be made on the Fender paradigm, with a Tele neck pickup and humbucking bridge pickup. I really dig it, but this is the largest, clearest picture I've found, and I still cant' read the headstock.

[​IMG]

You can see her playing it in the video for "Machine" (マシーン), here:

2. amper

amper Member

Solved! I realised that in the video above there is an almost clear shot of the headstock, and I managed to puzzle out the logo: Sugi

It's a Sugi Rainmaker.

3. Sarutobi sasuke

Sarutobi sasuke Member

pretty cool bass in that video

4. geodr

geodr Member

Designed in Japan hand crafted in California

5. Guitarworks

Guitarworks Member

Well how 'bout that. You'd think it'd be designed in the U.S. and built in Asia.

6. sansan

sansan Member

Ummm wow. I NEVER EVER thought I'd see Yuu on thegearpage. My absolute favorite artist of all time. I've been in love with the Sugi Rainmaker since I first saw her playing one. It always reminded me of a Fender Cyclone.

She has a new Telecaster but I don't know what brand it is.

I wish Chirinuruwowaka would tour America. I saw GO!GO!7188 6 times when they toured America. I'd follow them around like I did GO!GO!.

amper likes this.
  7. amper

amper Member

I actually did track down her blue Tele. It was made by Trafzck Guitar Services in Tōkyō, and somewhere around the Internet, I found a couple of high resolution pictures of it that are now buried on a hard drive somewhere in my house where I will probably never find them again.

http://trafzck.com/phone/index.html