Identifying the delay.... (delay+something?)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Zillie, May 8, 2008.

1. Zillie

Zillie Member

listen what the lead guitarist plays... i think it is delay+phaser or delay+synthy modulated repeats but i can't really make out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChdGCpFAbPU

i don't wanna play that song, just to get that sound... is there a single pedal that can do that or do i have to stack pedals?

2. vladmarr

vladmarr Member

sounds like a zvex wah probe, could be the zvex oooh wah with a phaser. i don't hear a delay

3. nsbucky

nsbucky Member

you love avril admit it!

it actually kinda sounds like phase/flange in front of a delay, if the delay tempo matches the downstroke, i could see how you could get this sound

4. Zillie

Zillie Member

nah:nono

you know, i'm not sure too if there is a delay at all... but i like that sound

5. yellowecho

yellowecho Member

i agree, i don't hear a delay. It actually sounds like a filtering effect of some sort. I could probably get very convincing sounds like those with my MURF.

btw, she was painfully flat. ew.

6. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

My guess is that it's a backing track that was originally created with software plugins.

Live I would try tremolo and something like a filter factory or Adrenalinn.

7. Zillie

Zillie Member

oh, i dont like when all the answers vary:messedup but thank you guys, at least i see that i am not the only one who doesnt know

more suggestions are welcomed

8. yellowecho

yellowecho Member

actually, all our replies are the same. It's a filter of some sort and pulses with a sequence. It's almost impossible to know the exact stompbox (if it is even a stompbox) without seeing the board.

There are countless ways you could get a similar sound, but I would agree with JohnLutz that it's probably a sample.
    The OohWah or Murf could get you close though in a live situation.

9. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Phaser or some type of cycling auto-wah into a tremolo?

10. Zillie

Zillie Member

well, i admit that the replies are mostly similar... ive seen the pedalboard and it is only midi controller so it could still be a stompbox but i personally think it is some patch from multi-effects rack unit... unfortunately i dont own neither ooh wah nor murf, but i would like to... i can try tremolo/phaser thing when my broken hand is ok