ID'ing Marshall Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Knucklehead, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Member

I've got a Marshall straight bottom Basketweave cabinet that has four G12M 20W 75 hz speakers date coded to July 68, the speaker cabinet serial number is #134xx., Metal handles and imprint of small Marshall logo(missing) on grillcloth.
    Considering the 20W G12M speakers, does anyone know what particular model this cabinet is and it's application? It looks like there was some sort of emblem or cabinet model number or speaker power rating affixed in the upper left corner of the cabinet grillcloth but that's missing.

Thanks!!

2. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

IF the speakers are original to the cab, it should be a 1960A...EDIT: whoops, I mean uh...B...uh...B for God's sakes! Damned Tylenol Extreme Cold & Flu medicine! (Thanks JP!)

3. John Phillips

John Phillips Member

1960B, it's a straight cab ;).

But then it shouldn't have a 'Bass' or '100' logo, so possibly the speakers are not original to the cab...

4. V846

V846 Member

5. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

When you're right, you're right, JP...I have edited, and amended my post...sorry! No more Tylenol induced posts from me, OK? :NUTS :jo :D