• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

If a thief pinched ONE fx pedal from your board....YOUR tone would be lost, which pedal ?

Telejester

I have 7 pedals on my pedal train classic Jr board and there is a single pedal upon which MY tone hinges, my Diamond CPR1 Compressor is the most important ingredient in MY tone. I do not like high gain as I've always considered it a barrier to hearing how I am sounding. I prefer a low to medium gain sound which the CPR1 just gives that tiny push into exactly where I want my sound to be. The CPR1 is amazingly transparent and you just never did hear a more silent pedal, it's one of those you notice when it's not switched on as something sounds missing. I would never be without my cpr1 and it's the most pro sounding pedal on my board, it's the one that holds my tone together for sure. Which pedal is crucial to your sound and how would its absence decimate your tone ?

MoonshineMan

I don't really have "my tone" as a singular thing, but I'd probably miss having a trem pedal the most.

MoonshineMan

It's probably the one I've owned the longest. I'd miss any of them (over a dozen), but the trem can really add some feeling to otherwise rather ordinary stuff. When I don't want to play anything flashy or conspicuous, but still need to contribute to the music, a trem (set fast or slow, but always pretty deep) can make things more fun to listen to.
I play mostly bluesrock style stuff, for reference. Nothing really modern, in the typical sense.

llamaiguana

The Diamond Comp is the pedal that's on the most, but I rely on my El Capistan more as a baseline tone. For a while I was leaving it on almost all the time with very dark subtle repeats playing rhythm guitar. I'm trying to back off from that now though and going with a drier sound, using the Diamond Comp more into a semi dirty Carmen Ghia.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I played a gig where my power supply failed in between sets. I popped a 9v in my Rat and finished the gig without my Eventide H9, solo Boost, and tuner.

I could actually get by with just the amp. It's not easy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom