If anyone wants to hear my band...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Madsman, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Madsman

Madsman Member

Here's a cut N paste from another forum

My band (which is still not officially named)

http://www.chrisptacek.com/mp3/skeleton.mp3

This is an older rehearsal recording (a couple of you have probably heard it) but now it has vocals... a couple people asked me to re-post when there were vox. The mix could be better... I think I'm going to go back in and re-do the guitars with 2 tracks... one on the Flexi and one on the Deliverance. I may record them simultaneously though... I've never played 2 amps at once, and I guess I can via the BS-2.

Drums: Tama StarClassic Maple kit, Paiste cymbals. Mic'd with a pair of Oktava MC012s as overheads, an SM57 on the snare and Beta52 on the kick. All going into some cheesy Behringer pres... the room we rehearse in isn't good enough to really need to pretend I need better than Behringer pres... the room will never sound better than a demo anyway.

Bass was an old Epi J Bass ripoff that sounds really nice in person... direct in, via an ART Mic Pre

Guitar was a Les Paul with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge, into a Flexi. I THINK this was with the Blues Pro, but it could have been just an RC Booster with the gain up. Mic'd with an SM57 into an ART Mic Pre.

Those instruments were all recorded live in one take. I used blankets over the cab (I honestly can't remember if it was the THD 2X12 or my Bogner 4X12 w/V30s)

Vocals were done via an AT4033 (halfway decent project mic) through an ART Mic Pre.

Everything into PARIS... everything but analog delay was done in PARIS native effects.

I mixed on headphones, and now I'm going to have to go back and tweak the vocals, lower the drums a bit, and then have my brain surgically removed with a pair of needle nose pliers.

There will eventually be a couple spots where I'm overdubbing a guitar (just candy... nothing that HAS to be there for live purposes) and there are a few issues with vocal intonation. I'm not the singer. :p That's only HELPING the vocal sound, though.

2. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Very cool track-must get vocs up tho-playin's really good too!
    JF

3. scottl

scottl Member

Oh yeah baby.... Good job Chris!! Hit me with more when you record something!