• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

If I need to daisy chain off an output from my iso5..

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
Should i be careful what i daisy chain together? i know its going to come down to experimenting. some pedals seem to cause unwanted noise when daisy chain...like an old tr2 i had. are there any rules as to what not to daisy chain together? just looking for a good starting point. i think i will only need to daisy chain 2 or 3 pedals max. im going to use the original adapter to power my nova delay. oh and also,..is it cool to plug the original wallwart from the delay and the iso 5 into the same strip..then run it off my board to the outlet? thanks for any thoughts.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I would say to first check the mA of each pedal you intend to daisy chain. I would also suggest only daisy chaining analog effects, not digital. Also, some fuzz pedals do not like daisy chaining as well. Make sure the pedals combined do not exceed the mA limit of the tap.

You can power the Nova Delay into the 12V tap, it's rated at 300mA, which is what the 12V tap is also rated. If you do this, I wouldn't attempt to power off of the 9V tap in the same section as they share the 300mA.

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the tips. I have had a situation before where I daisy chained a TR2 tremolo and you could hear it clicking even when it was off. I guess its all about trial and error.

telepunk

I am pretty sure you can't daisy chain center positive and negative effects on the same daisy chain - like a Rat and a typical pedal. And, some fuzz pedals have completely different polarity and that wouldn't work.

But, I have 4 standard 9 volt pedals daisy chained to one outlet on my ISO5 (RV5, two boutique drives, and my TU2) and they all work fine with no noise.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom