• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

If Marshall cabs are soooo good......

Bstring

If they are soooo good, then why are their soooo many on ebay for sale? Just wondering because im in the market for another 4x12 cab.:crazy

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Marshall cabs (regular JCM types) are just okay.

Sheer volume of sales would dictate there's always a bunch on ebay.

Primakurtz

Marshall cabs are like Boss pedals. Decent, easy to find when you need one, and easy to sell when you don't. They have made about a million of them.

Bstring

Marshall cabs are like Boss pedals. Decent, easy to find when you need one, and easy to sell when you don't. They have made about a million of them.
It seems that way. At least 60% of them are the Marshall brand. Obviously it is a starter cab until you realize what is really good.

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
OK..why are they better?
As far as tone goes, it's all subjective of course. I've had my fair share of high end boutique cabs and they were great, but the Marshall cabs don't suck at all. I'm gigging a 1960BV right now and loving it.

panhead5

It seems that way. At least 60% of them are the Marshall brand. Obviously it is a starter cab until you realize what is really good.
Obviously a starter cab, 47 year history all the rest are clones .I guess they are going to show the Late 60's pre rola cabs how to do it.Face it Marshall is the sound of rock !!

Thread over.

Wolf Static

I have a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab loaded with G12T75s and it sounds WICKED. I agree with Big Mike that the eBay saturation is a result of the magnitude of sheer sales volume over a long period of time.

XmasTree

THEY'RE ON SALE ON EBAY BECAUSE THOSE (SLINGERS) AREN'T IN A BAND...ROCKIN IT!!!
THEY ARE ON SALE ON EBAY BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER USE THEM. ....NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

HEY IF U WANT A CAB.....GO TO AVATAR

:munch

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
THEY'RE ON SALE ON EBAY BECAUSE THOSE (SLINGERS) AREN'T IN A BAND...ROCKIN IT!!!
THEY ARE ON SALE ON EBAY BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER USE THEM. ....NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

HEY IF U WANT A CAB.....GO TO AVATAR

:munch
Hey man, today's your day! Congrats and Merry Christmas!

V-Type

True Story:
I picked up a straight Marshall 1960 av(Vintage 30 loaded) as well as a Celestion Vintage 30 loaded Crate BV 4x12 used from GC for just over $450 for both.
I popped the backs and both had English made V 30's.
I ab and y'd them with my Laney GH 50 L(Loud amp) and as nice as the Marshall looked and sounded the BV cab had deeper bass and way more projection.
It turns out the construction and materials in the BlueVoodo cab certainly looked better than when compared too the Marshall. The Crate had heavier wiring and more substantial appointments,etc.. imo.
Dont get me wrong the Marshall cabs for the most part are winners. But there are plenty of cabs that are just as well made that can also be had for the Marshalls price or less.

Bruceman

I have a 1969 Marshall straight cab with orig greenies and I can't imagine living without it. WOT a sound.

Wide Open Throttle.....thump, projection, screams, howls at the moon. You'd think Angus and Billy Gibbons were in the room playing the same guitar. At the same time.

Now then .....I just want one more........:)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom