• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

If minimal pedalboards for P&W were a contest, I like my chances.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Epi DOT with 5e3 1x12

The only other "effect" is a Herdim pick backwards for proper U2 copping on one song.

My wife is playing a little acoustic, otherwise, just bass guitar, acoustic piano and drums. No keys, no second electric, no tracks.

Last edited:

crambone

I loved my Voyager until it too a schvitz on me. It has volume drops when engaging/disengaging the pedal =/

Sparkfriction

this would fit in any "mini-Board" contest. i am not a P&W player, but what i have learned from TGP is that the common P&W player needs a bit more gain stages and some extra effects - i dont know... i would it call small board without putting it in any genre.

IndyMead

Nice work. Its way overblown how many effects you need to play P&W music. All you really need is a good drive sound and some basic delay capabilities. And that's what you have!

NHBluesMan

Nice work. Its way overblown how many effects you need to play P&W music. All you really need is a good drive sound and some basic delay capabilities. And that's what you have!
exactly. It drives me up the wall when I see someone with a HUGE board that they don't know how to use. A lot of the pros (James Duke, Droff, the dudes from Elevation, Kunde, etc) all have huge boards because they know their gear inside and out and use it. When i started out 90% of my tone came from a Jekyll & Hyde and a DD5, now i run 2 gains and a clean boost and a Tap Delay (occasionally with a 2nd delay), i haven't even had a reverb on my board for months and i haven't really missed it (ok, that's a lie :p )

Start with simplicity, KNOW YOUR GEAR and ditch all the extra stuff that's not-necessary *gets off soapbox*

Eli DOT with 5e3 1x12

The only other "effect" is a Herdim pick backwards for proper U2 copping on one song.

My wife is playing a little acoustic, otherwise, just bass guitar, acoustic piano and drums. No keys, no second electric, no tracks.
Its my understanding that your rig is clearly below minimum standards for P&W

Proco

I see the gain knob is on full, so my guess is tht he uses the volume know on the guitar for different gain stages.

Cool pedals BTW. I love the Voyager looks. Not in my ballpark sonically speaking, but good sounding as far as I've seen on demos.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the props guys.
It's actually a Trader Joes green tea mints tin, not altoids.
I have gain full up and do control dirt stages with guitar volume/tone.
I like using the 4-knob config on the DOT and adjust the pickup that is off for the next passage so I can make quick dynamic changes by switching pickups. It takes a little extra pre-thought, but I can go anywhere on stage and not have to jump back to the pedalboard for a stomp for lead boost or jump into/out of a chorus.

I dropped a Polytune V1 into the mix. And use a Snark version of a 1-spot.

My acoustic is a just a Taylor 410e with a PW mini clip on tuner and A-T wireless. My wife's acoustic setup is equally minimal- Blueridge BR-143 and Radial DI. She just sport a Lava Pink Diamond cable, though.

I have been trying to upload a :40 second clip of my U2 style song intro.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Neat! But how are you going to do Oceans with just a single delay? :drown
I have actually never played Oceans in a service. I have worked it up a few times, but it always gets scratched from the list. And always with 1 delay- DD-5 usually followed with a Flint.

My wife and I have a solo vocal/acoustic rendition on deck when needed.

This week, we are playing 'Holy Spirit' -wife predicts it is the new Oceans- and I am using the semi-hollow natural feedback instead of a compressor for the sustain.

WillLane

I have actually never played Oceans in a service. I have worked it up a few times, but it always gets scratched from the list. And always with 1 delay- DD-5 usually followed with a Flint.

My wife and I have a solo vocal/acoustic rendition on deck when needed.

This week, we are playing 'Holy Spirit' -wife predicts it is the new Oceans- and I am using the semi-hollow natural feedback instead of a compressor for the sustain.
She hasn't heard "Touch The Sky" yet has she? :p

Trending Topics