If money was no object, what vintage guitar would you buy?

70 Mach 1

Silver Supporting Member
i really have no desire for anything vintage, expensive, rare or super collectable
give me some decent 70s or 80s Ibanez or yamahas and im good to go

fernieite

Silver Supporting Member
i really have no desire for anything vintage, expensive, rare or super collectable
give me some decent 70s or 80s Ibanez or yamahas and im good to go
Oh yeah? What about a nice 1970 Mach 1? :)

Last edited:

slimdave

Oh yes, a pre-war Martin D18. All original, but well played. Just like mine, only 10 years younger.

IMG_9570.jpg

simonm

making the world fuzzier, one pedal at a time
Silver Supporting Member
a '54 Goldtop please

crashbelt

Silver Supporting Member
I'm pretty happy with my guitars. But my fantasy guitar would be a '58 Explorer or perhaps a 60s Watkins Rapier 44;)

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
A decent Jazzmaster or some variation thereof …not necessarily vintage.

Also a rude P90 driven LP Jr variant.

-bEn r.

sidekick

Silver Supporting Member
I wouldn’t spend money on a vintage guitar or amp for that matter. There are so many boutiques brands available today that are superbly built and deliver the sonic goodness of a vintage instrument.
This one catches my eye:
https://www.springerguitars.com/mc-fly

If I was to go for another private luthier boutique model build, the Springer Mc Fly model rather appeals to also.

Like as with Johan Gustavsson. Mikaël Springer has his own individualistic and quality 'take' on the classic era Gibson models too.

yucatown

Gold Supporting Member
Well nobody else gives a bleep about your nitpicking observations. Those guitars in the pics were not represented as the originals. And they're built to look like they were in 1961 and 1957. So you can spend your time on something more productive.

Those reissues are not built to look like they were in 1961 and 1957. Not even close. It’s as good as saying a custom 22 PRS is built to look like a 59 standard. That’s how far off we are.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom