• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

IF there is an EVH Tribute Concert...

Gas Hed

Who would you want to see perform in his tribute? Would be intriguing to see who would make the cut. My votes would go to (and in this order):

Pete Thorn
Phil X
Joe Satriani
Slash
Sammy Hagar and The Circle
Wolfgang Van Halen and Mammoth
...and close it out with a drum solo by Alex in his brother's honor

Yer Blues

What about the Steel Panther guys? The singer was in a Van Halen tribute band and you need someone to sing with some of those guys. Russ Parrish (Satchel) was a huge EVH fan and can play the stuff convincingly.

Looking at these names most of these guys are LA based so it could happen.... sadly I don't think there would be much money in it for any of them or even much interest outside of the guitar community.

Coopster

Wolf's said exhaustively that they WON'T be playing any VH music. Now that doesn't mean HE couldn't step in and do some stuff with some of those guys in tribute but don't expect Mammoth WVH to. But I would expect he'd much rather sit in the audience and experience the love that way.

0_0

I just don't see this happening. Trying to get Alex, Mike, Sammy and DLR on the same stage would be next to impossible. Mike and Sammy would be there in a heartbeat but Alex seems like a very low key private person who isn't into these kinds of things. DLR is retiring from public performances altogether.

Plus having ten different guitar players who all want to play Unchained would be a mess.

Let the music that already exists be the memorial.

SteveO

I just don't see this happening. Trying to get Alex, Mike, Sammy and DLR on the same stage would be next to impossible. Mike and Sammy would be there in a heartbeat but Alex seems like a very low key private person who isn't into these kinds of things. DLR is retiring from public performances altogether.

Plus having ten different guitar players who all want to play Unchained would be a mess.

Let the music that already exists be the memorial.
The topic is a memorial to a deceased person, not a band reunion. Eddie can exist and be remembered without the other guys attached.

Gas Hed

It’s a tribute show…and Dave isn’t on the list.

NorCal_Val

Excluding the people who actually shared the stage and studio with him for decades would be really lame and in poor taste in my opinion. This is why such a concert will never take place.
In poorer taste than the legion of VH “tribute” bands?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom