If they were alive today.. (Pedalboards of the Deceased)

Triangle

Pretty simple. Design a pedalboard for your favorite deceased guitarist (or someone who's style has changed dramatically, such as Clapton) using pedals that are available now as well was when they were alive. Include amps if you're so inclined.

Let the blasphemy begin.:munch

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Hendrix:

RMC Wah
FoxRox Aquavibe
Analogman Sunface
[Insert any 3-4 Skreddies here]
Strymond El Caspian

Marsha Amplification

Last edited:

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
Hendrix:

RMC Wah
FoxRox Aquavibe
[Insert any 3-4 Skreddies here]
Strymond El Caspian

Marsha Amplification
agree almost entirely.

skreddy doesn't make a fuzzface that cleans up with the volume knob. he used that pretty extensively. i'll throw a sunface into that mix (or one of the new dunlops. . . or an oxfuzz or an mjm)

redherring

Elvis Presley:

Way Huge Pork Loin, Way Huge Swollen Pickle, Way Huge Fat Sandwich and a Danelectro Fish n Chips.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
agree almost entirely.

skreddy doesn't make a fuzzface that cleans up with the volume knob. he used that pretty extensively. i'll throw a sunface into that mix (or one of the new dunlops. . . or an oxfuzz or an mjm)
Great point. I added an Analogman Sunface to the list.

Hendrix definitely used silicon based fuzz in his later works, so having a Sunface and a Skreddy on his board would be likely.

Can you imagine Jimi with these pedals? Damn...

popinvasion

that makes zero sense. yeah hendrix 40 years later is going to buy boutique versions of the pedals he already used? No-way, the guy was not stale bread. He most likely would have stuff like pogs, hogs, looping delays, etc. Why would he continue on the same path for 40 years and instead of just using the original holy grails, buy boutique versions of them?? zero chance.

MadFrank

Gold Supporting Member
that makes zero sense. yeah hendrix 40 years later is going to buy boutique versions of the pedals he already used? No-way, the guy was not stale bread. He most likely would have stuff like pogs, hogs, looping delays, etc. Why would he continue on the same path for 40 years and instead of just using the original holy grails, buy boutique versions of them?? zero chance.
While I do agree with you, it must be noted that his peers that are still around, who were equally inovative, rarely break away from the sound and gear thay used in thier hayday. Page, Beck, Gilmour, EVH, Macartney etc... Just a thought.

jay42

Those guys would use more reliable versions of the stuff they used in the 60's, and as noted, lots of analog and digital delays. They might be tempted by compressors and whammy pedals...hmm...am I describing David Gilmour?

Triangle

I could definitely see both scenarios playing out. I.e., a bunch of fuzz face clones in conjunction with the weird stuff we have now like most of EH and Zvex's lines

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
You are hilarious.

Mr. Limbic

II see both sides...doubt Hendrix would use that stuff like skreddy, foxfox, etc...I could see him trying some vex, or anything that caters to his style...all I know is he did more with a few effects than most people can do with 12, and he helped create those effects, so ide expect him to invent his own sounds that made him the cutting edge guitar player he was, my two cents

chinaski

he might not be limiting himself to guitar either. he probably would have been very interested in all of tech advances that have come along since his death.
imagine the possibilties.

Trending Topics