• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

If ya never "got" Peter Green...

Gee thanks, I intended to spend the evening cutting a new saddle for my acoustic, but spent it listening to the Mac instead.

Very valuable as a transitional record of the period right before Green left Fleetwood Mac. I hear a lot of the End of the Game type noodling, and was surprised to hear Green use a wah pedal on Black Magic Woman. It was more than worth the admission price for Rattlesnake Shake/ Underway, and Albatross. Green's solo on Before The Beginning really showcases his incredible tone.

zenfreud

Cool, thanks for the link. I still find it hard to believe that this band morphed into the mainstream mega-platinum band. Peter Green's playing reminds me of Mick Taylor (that's a compliment). Nice fluid vibrato.

I just resigned up with Wolfgang's Vault, been a while since listening there. I'm kinda surprised the site is still up, I thought they were being sued for copyright infringement stuff.

bynt

Sweet!!! Peter Green is the BOMB!!! I can't listen to it tonight but will give it a spin tomorrow!!! Thanks for the link!!!

bobbymack

Gold Supporting Member
Very valuable as a transitional record of the period right before Green left Fleetwood Mac. I hear a lot of the End of the Game type noodling, and was surprised to hear Green use a wah pedal on Black Magic Woman. It was more than worth the admission price for Rattlesnake Shake/ Underway, and Albatross. Green's solo on Before The Beginning really showcases his incredible tone.
Agreed. Plus, I think the overall quality of the recording is excellent for that time period....

hb_nz

Thanks for the link - finding stuff from that era I haven't heard before is like xmas for me! Interesting site...

Trending Topics