If ya never "got" Peter Green...

Gee thanks, I intended to spend the evening cutting a new saddle for my acoustic, but spent it listening to the Mac instead.

Very valuable as a transitional record of the period right before Green left Fleetwood Mac. I hear a lot of the End of the Game type noodling, and was surprised to hear Green use a wah pedal on Black Magic Woman. It was more than worth the admission price for Rattlesnake Shake/ Underway, and Albatross. Green's solo on Before The Beginning really showcases his incredible tone.

zenfreud

Silver Supporting Member
Cool, thanks for the link. I still find it hard to believe that this band morphed into the mainstream mega-platinum band. Peter Green's playing reminds me of Mick Taylor (that's a compliment). Nice fluid vibrato.

I just resigned up with Wolfgang's Vault, been a while since listening there. I'm kinda surprised the site is still up, I thought they were being sued for copyright infringement stuff.

bynt

Sweet!!! Peter Green is the BOMB!!! I can't listen to it tonight but will give it a spin tomorrow!!! Thanks for the link!!!

bobbymack

Silver Supporting Member
Very valuable as a transitional record of the period right before Green left Fleetwood Mac. I hear a lot of the End of the Game type noodling, and was surprised to hear Green use a wah pedal on Black Magic Woman. It was more than worth the admission price for Rattlesnake Shake/ Underway, and Albatross. Green's solo on Before The Beginning really showcases his incredible tone.
Agreed. Plus, I think the overall quality of the recording is excellent for that time period....

hb_nz

Thanks for the link - finding stuff from that era I haven't heard before is like xmas for me! Interesting site...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom