If You Could Only Get A New Fender Amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ShredSquatch, Sep 6, 2019.

1. sbrollins76

sbrollins76 Supporting Member

Unfortunately one of the other guys had a family emergency and we had to cancel, so I only got to fire it up by myself in the garage for a few minutes. Sounded like a Twin Reverb to me! I ran a Jekyll & Hyde V3 and a Fender MTG Distortion into the front and it handled both extremely well. It's soooooo light too. Very easy to carry one-handed (it's actually lighter than my Powercab 112 Plus I was using with my Helix before). I'm pretty convinced but want to play it with the full band before I make a final decision.

One thing I overlooked is that I didn't play around with the attenuator before I shut it off, but that's on my list to do this week if I get a chance. Planning to crank the volume to 10 and power down to a more reasonable level and bust out some Sex Pistols riffs....

Oriondk, Lef T and ShredSquatch like this.
  2. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

SRRI.

KILLER amps regardless of price or year.

ShredSquatch and Oriondk like this.
  3. Oriondk

Oriondk Member

I wrote a short review in the Tone Master thread of the TR. I liked it. About 90% certain that it’ll be mine. Just want to try it with my guitars and a couple pedals.

ShredSquatch likes this.
  4. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Supporting Member

Well post the link you big silly... Some of us are too "busy" to search for it.

~ss

5. Oriondk

Oriondk Member

ShredSquatch likes this.
  6. ShredSquatch

Thanks... I know where one is and may get to try it this week. I'm still gonna get something tweed first but I'll probably get one of those to have in the family.

~ss

7. Oriondk

Oriondk Member

Let me know what you think.

ShredSquatch likes this.
  8. TopJimmy5150

TopJimmy5150 Member

DRRI. Blackface sound without the weight of the 40 watters or the TRRI.

ShredSquatch likes this.
  9. MichaelDCarter

MichaelDCarter Member

I didn't think the RI Bassmans sounded like my vintage one. Kendrick makes a bassman clone that does. I think it's the 2410. It's made for gigging with a long power cord and is built like a tank. I'd find one of those before a Fender RI. That hurts to write because I love Fender amps. The JB Twin sounds like a vintage one.

ShredSquatch likes this.
  10. gjohnson441496lpjr

gjohnson441496lpjr Member

I’ve heard this before. I looked it up on the internet but can’t figure it out. I have this amp. Can you explain to me how to do it? I’d like to try it out if it’s something simple and straight forward. Thanks.

ShredSquatch likes this.
  11. Redrum

Redrum Member

Try plugging into the high input of the Custom channel. Use another short patch cable and plug it into the low input of the Custom channel and the connect the other end to the high input of the Vintage channel. Now you basically have a blend of both channels. Adjust EQ to taste.

12. ShredSquatch

Well I got to try the Tone Master Twin with a Reissue Twin and I've got to say in the 5 or 10 minutes I tried it before a guy walked over and bought it I couldn't tell much of a difference. The Tone Master was pretty convincing. I'm sure if I'd had more time I could've found something but I'm impressed. I need to try the Deluxe version as soon as I can find one.

~ss

Lef T, dharmafool and Oriondk like this.
  13. Oriondk

Oriondk Member

Thanks for the feedback. I’m really looking forward to spending more time with it. I’m pretty sure that’s the amp I’ll be buying. I’ve been checking out different tube amps but whatever I got was going to need an attenuator. When I saw this and heard some of the videos my interest was peaked. After playing it a bit I’m really, really impressed.

ShredSquatch likes this.
  14. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

My favorite Fender amp of all time is the 4x10 '59 Bassman. Big full tone at any volume.

15. plumberstrummer

plumberstrummer Fatal3Records.com Supporting Member

I am very happy with the Edge Deluxe, though a friend is borrowing it at the moment. Great new fender though...

ShredSquatch likes this.
  16. gjohnson441496lpjr

Thanks! I'll try it today.

ShredSquatch likes this.
  17. sleewell

sleewell Member

i already own it. evh 5153 50w ver 1.

ShredSquatch likes this.
  18. gjohnson441496lpjr

That's FAT. Is there a downside to doing this? If not, I'll just keep the patch cable plugged in permanently.

ShredSquatch and Redrum like this.
  19. Redrum

Redrum Member

Yes indeed! Glad you got to experiment with the jumpering, it's a very cool sound.

Not sure if there's any downside. I wouldn't think so, but not really sure.

20. sixgunn

sixgunn Member

Picked up a Chris Stapleton Princeton a while back. Absolutely love this one!

[​IMG]