If you could only have one...

tnjazz

Double Platinum Member
...extremely high quality guitar to cover a variety of music styles, what would it be?

I've come to the realization that I have too many guitars, even though all of them are decent to good quality ones - no junkers in the lot luckily.

I'm thinking about selling most of them and going with one REALLY nice vintage guitar instead. A vintage 50's LP Junior is what I have in mind.

What would YOU pick?

captainironmax

Gold Supporting Member
Don't do it!!!!!

Kidding,
For me, if I had a gig where I was limited to one guitar, I'd choose one of my PRS custom 22's with the 5 way switch. I can get a lot of convincing sounds out of those guitars. The stop tails are more Gibson sounding to my ears, and the trem models are more super strat sounding. Of course if you're set on doing the vintage thing, perhaps a 335?

Good luck in your quest

tnjazz

Double Platinum Member
Doesn't have to be vintage. Just something you would consider selling 6-7 fairly good quality guitars for. I'm also intrigued by some of the newer manufacturers...

Benny

Platinum Supporting Member
I could do everything except my slide stuff with a nice ES-335 or an ES-345 and be a very happy guy. I just don't like playing slide on a 335, but other folks seem to do just fine with it.

A nice Les Paul, may even a black beauty, would get very close to checking all my boxes too.

TwoToneGreen

I've thought about this before - specifically to sell two or three high-quality, USA-made guitars to buy an R7 - but I'm wary of the fact that it may just be another way of me trying to justify another purchase. Since my playing has stagnated, I'm always after the feeling that owning something new gives me. It is fleeting though and I'm always looking for my next purchase. That being said, owning an R7 would be great.

cardinal

If it came down to just one, is have to run the racks at any guitar store I could visit and just pick the one that spoke most to me.

I've tried to go this route before with a custom order and ended up not getting along with the guitar that popped out.

Buelligan

A Telecaster with the neck shape and board material of your choice. I like the pick-ups that came in my American Standard, but I imagine you could get any tone you wanted if you shopped around for it.

custom53

If I could only have one guitar it would have to be a Rick Turner Lindsey Buckingham Model 1.. You really have to play one to fully understand why I picked this instrument.
Tonal Combinations are phenomenal..

But since I can't afford one I guess I will stick with my EBMM EVH..

Last edited:

Totally Bored

25 years ago this is all I had. Still have it and I could survive easily with just this and a few pedals.

Thankfully I have no intentions of thinning the herd. That's crazy talk :bonk